Senior Manager Finance Business Partner
Job Type: Full time
The purpose of the Finance Business Partnering role is to provide financial expertise and decision support to senior leaders across manufacturing operations and quality functions at the manufacturing site, delivering accurate, insightful, and financial performance analysis and guidance, supporting both short and long-term goals of the Flu Cell Culture and PNS business (Products of National Significance in Australia).
Reporting to the Director, Finance – Site Lead Finance Business Partner, you will have a primary focus on supporting production planning, quality of BoMs and routing, cost recoveries, product costing and tracking of OPEX spend across site manufacturing, supply and quality functions. You will have knowledge of all operational areas covering the CSL Seqirus business and provide technical guidance in financial policy, procedure and applications.
Overall, you will focus on internal and external customer needs and moving the Business Partnering team forward in a business process and systems perspective.
- Provide site departments with financial information about cost performance against budgets and forecasts with explanation of variances against important performance drivers including narrative and input to manage and prevent issues and identify opportunities to improve our performance.
- Review and finalise monthly management reports and present outcomes to the Director of Finance and central FP&A team for consolidation, including monthly updates on site performance to the operations and quality functions.
- Manage the process for preparing annual budgets and quarterly forecast updates for the Site including headcount and people cost planning, cost centre planning, inventory and calculation of Standard Costs and evaluating the impact of targeted operational improvement plans reviewing for accuracy, applicability, and strategic alignment.
- Provide financial analysis to support decision making at the functional level considering network impact, and at the site delivery level.
- Lead all aspects of cost accounting activities, including calculating and reviewing production variances, determining Standards, overseeing allocations and recoveries and reviewing inventory valuations.
- Control of inventory, review of provisions and write-off's, understand inter-company eliminations and work with the business to reduce write-offs.
- Combine ad-hoc analysis with existing process to produce novel insights designed to improve financial decision-making at both the site and network level.
- Help evaluate business improvement and growth opportunities, including providing costing data for business development and capital investment projects, using the central FP&A team to help generate business cases and other complex modelling activities.
Your skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, or relevant Business Degree
- CA /CPA / CIMA qualifications
- 10 years of Accounting and Finance experience with at least 5 years in Finance Business Partnering roles preferably in a manufacturing or supply chain environment
- Detailed working knowledge of Standard Costing methodologies and processes, and inventory valuation and control
- SAP experience regarded highly
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes regarded highly
How to Apply:
Apply now to join a purpose-driven, values-based company committed to protecting public health
Applications must include a CV and covering letter addressing the selection criteria.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority.
CSL is a leading global biotechnology company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving medicines, including those that treat haemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives through innovation.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion.
Do work that matters at CSL!
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!