Job Type: Full time
We have this excellent opportunity for an Associate Scientist II to join our Formulation Development team at CSL Innovation. The formulation team is part of the Biopharmaceutical Product Development (BPD) group of CSL Innovation R&D which focuses on delivery of new biotherapies to treat serious medical conditions. Based at our site in Melbourne you will join a global BPD network of over 200 scientists and engineers working across world class facilities in Australia, Germany and U.S.A. who develop and manufacture recombinant protein and cell-based gene therapies for pre-clinical and human clinical trials.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of business experimental processes and activities needed for successful development of safe, stable and efficacious biopharmaceutical Drug Products for clinical trials. This will include, but not limited to, the maintenance of facilities, laboratories and equipment used to support new product research and development. As an experimental Scientist you will also ensure records and documents meet business, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Under direct supervision, perform varied experiments and analyses/tests to support product research and development. Provide feedback on analytical methods.
- Maintain facilities, laboratories and equipment to required quality standards. Monitor and report on laboratory status and proactively address and resolve issues.
- Work and collaborate closely with scientists and R&D colleagues across different CSL teams and global sites.
- Identify and manage the procurement, storage and maintenance of consumables, chemicals/excipients and equipment. Perform calibrations of key laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Support experimental studies and activities involving the formulation, dispensing/sampling, testing, and stability of development and scaled-up products and processes.
- Develop, validate and standardize analytical methods, and ensures accurate and reliable data acquisition, analyses and record keeping supporting formulation development.
Skills and Experience
- A tertiary degree in a relevant scientific discipline with an understanding of the theoretical and operational requirements of typical chemical/biochemical R&D laboratory facilities and practices.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in industry or as a Graduate will be well regarded.
- Knowledge and some experience of processes, equipment, and some analytical instruments used in chemical/biochemical laboratories.
- Ability to design and complete activities needed to maintain effective operation of laboratory processes, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to reliably prepare reagents, calibrate equipment and perform tests/assays to support R&D studies.
- Good data acquisition, collation, analysis and reporting skills.
- Good written (technical/scientific) and verbal communication skills. Can explain facts, policies and practices relating to the job area.
- Good multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Able to work collaboratively with a learning mind-set.
How to apply
If you are looking to develop your skills and shape the health of Australians, please apply with your resume and cover letter in one document and include reference number R-193061. Applications close 3 February 2023.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
CSL is a leading global biotechnology company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving medicines, including those that treat haemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives through innovation. Learn more about CSL.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL!