Technician - Mechanical (2/1)
Location: Port Hedland
Job Type: Not Specified
- $5,000 sign on Bonus!!
- Competitive Annual Salary Annual Bonus Benefits
- FIFO (from Perth) or residential in Port Hedland
- Be part of a Global Power Technology Leader
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic to join our team specialising in Heavy Vehicle repairs and maintenance across automotive, on-highway (medium and heavy duty), HHP (mining) and power generation product applications for our Port Hedland branch. You can do FIFO from Perth or work locally in Port Hedland in our busy workshop. We are keen to hear from both newly qualified Diesel Mechanics, and experienced heavy diesel mechanics looking to further develop your skills.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers across, mining, automotive and power generation
- Complete breakdown repairs and scheduled maintenance of heavy diesel products
- Diagnose and repair various engines.
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Field Service Supervisor
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Mechanical trades qualified as a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic (to Australian standards)
- Experience as a Diesel Mechanic in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products in field service. Cummins engines is highly preferred.
- Solid diagnostic and IT capabilities
- Previous experience of working in the Pilbara is highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits
Annual Salary. Superannuation. Flights (from Perth) and accommodation provided for FIFO. $5,000 sign on Bonus! Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program. Income Protection continuance insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page\: https\://au.work180.co/employers/cummins-australia) to check out our Benefits