2023 Power Generation Application Engineering Student Internship - Carole Park (13 months - fully paid)
Job Type: Not Specified
- 13-month full time undergraduate internship based in Carole Park / flexible working
- Engineering students - gain real world, practical experience
- Fully paid internship from 30.01.2023 to 26.02.2024
If you are an Electrical or Mechatronics engineering student (ideally at an undergraduate level) looking to jump start your career, we are offering a 13-month FT technical internship from 30.01.2023 to 26.02.2024.
Your opportunity to power your potential starts here!
Cummins Inc., a global technology leader, is a corporation of complementary business segments that designs, manufactures, distributes and services a broad portfolio of power solutions. The company’s products range from diesel and natural gas engines to hybrid and electric platforms, as well as related technologies, including transmissions, battery systems, fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana (U.S.), since its founding in 1919, Cummins employs approximately 62,600 people in approximately 190 countries and territories.
What’s in it for you?
Cummins will help set you up for success and your future career as you develop your theoretical knowledge into practical skills while contributing meaningfully to the operation of our multi-billion dollar business. Gain real word, practical experience!
About the role
Our Carole Park branch is offering a 13-month full time Application Engineering Power Generation internship commencing 30th January 2023 for a current Electrical or Mechatronics engineering student who is keen to utilise theoretical skills learnt in their degree and develop practical skills in the workforce.
“What Will You Do”
- Work in a team environment alongside with highly skilled professional Power Generation Application Engineers supporting internal and external customers within APAC region.
- Support work of Power Generation Engineering Team by assisting Power Generation Application Engineers. Assist with Power generation Projects and Product support.
- Analyze test data, prepare graphs and engineering reports.
- Project and Product engineering support. Assist with Project engineering – design and prepare documentation as required.
- Provide product support by answering technical queries.
To qualify for this internship, it is essential that you\:
- Are currently studying a Bachelor degree in Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering, ideally at an undergraduate level and will be a deferred student for the duration of your internship
- Have between 1 and 8 units of study left to complete of your Bachelors, Masters or PHD degree as of February 2023 / at the conclusion of your internship
- Are available for the full 13 months and be willing to defer your studies for that duration
- Possess Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
To be successful in this role, you will possess\:
- Strong and verifiable academic results include Power Generation subjects coupled with a keen interest in Mathematics and Electrical Design and in turn Power Generation
- Are highly analytical and have a strong attention to detail
- Keen interest in power generation engineering is highly desirable
- Good understanding of electrical/power generation/distribution systems
- Good drafting skills – AutoCad (preferred) or an equivalent
- Valid car driving license highly preferred
How to apply
Applications close midnight Sunday 9th October 2022.
For all applications please submit your resume, cover letter and academic transcript via the link provided
In your cover letter, please specify how many units of study you have remaining on your undergraduate degree and your motivation behind applying both to Cummins and this specific internship
Note\: We will be unable to assess your application without all of the required documents, so please ensure you attach your resume, cover letter and academic transcripts at the time of application.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.