Diesel Mechanic - Wetherill Park - $5,000 sign on Bonus!!
Job Type: Not Specified
- $5,000 sign-on Bonus (conditions apply)
- Comprehensive Cummins product training provided
- Competitive hourly rate super OT, annual bonus & additional benefits
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact-through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Mechanic to join our workshop team in Wetherill Park specialising in Heavy Vehicle repairs and maintenance for our automotive, on-highway, customers, across both day shift and afternoon shift.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel products
- Diagnose and repair various engines.
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Supervisor
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Mechanical trades qualified as Heavy Diesel Mechanic, Light vehicle mechanic or plant mechanic (light/heavy/engine recon)
- Experience as a technician in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products. Cummins engines is preferred but not essential.
- Ideally possess engine rebuild and reconditioning experience or knowledge.
- Solid diagnostic capabilities with the help of systems on computers.
- Safety Focused.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate - commensurate with experience.
- Overtime penalties. Superannuation.
- Tool allowance.
- Flexible lifestyle working hours.
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program.
- Salary continuance insurance.
- Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles.
- Annual remuneration reviews.
- State of the Art workshop with all the modern specialized tooling available.
- Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
“We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page\: https\://au.work180.co/employers/cummins-australia) to check out our Benefits”