Transfer Pricing Analyst - Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 30797
What will your typical day look like?
As an intern Analyst in our team, you will work closely with the Managers, Directors and Partners, providing advice and solutions on a variety of transactions for your clients. You will have an opportunity to work with large multinational clients and collaborate with other parts of business/international tax advising on pricing of various intra-group transactions including transfer of tangible products, intellectual property, services, and financial transactions.
Your typical day will involve:
- Assisting with project set-ups, responding to client information/business requests and implementation of transfer pricing policies where applicable
- Providing support in key projects by performing industry research, factual reviews including client interviews, financial analysis, contract reviews, preparation of reports, memos, and presentations
- Preparing transfer pricing technical analysis for various cross-border arrangements/transactions
- Meeting with clients to conduct functional analysis interviews and discuss other transfer pricing matters
- Preparing financial and economic analysis to benchmark intercompany transactions
- Assisting clients with Australian transfer pricing documentation and reporting obligations
- Building meaningful relationships that will influence your career – both internally and externally.
About the team
The Transfer Pricing team sits as a sub-group of Deloitte’s Tax & Legal business and is comprised of a wonderful mix of energetic personalities and deep expertise in tax. Every single day with the team is filled with collaborative discussion and new challenges that motivates and excites us. Advance your career with our driven division that excels in offering fully integrated tax services to our clients based on their unique tax positions.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Law, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or a related discipline, supported by a strong record of academic achievement
- The ability to work in teams, enjoy working collaboratively and being creative
- Excellent communication skills, proficiency in basic MS Office tools, and strong writing skills, with business fluency in the English language
- The confidence to interview and influence clients and colleagues at all levels
- The ability to prioritise workloads while working on multiple projects
- An organized and analytical approach to work
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.