Analyst | IT Audit | Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 31181
- Career Growth – A career trajectory that few other organisations can offer. Access to a high-quality portfolio of businesses and clients with opportunities to work across industries, service lines and geographies.
- Continuous learning – Endless opportunities to develop your career, including leading-edge training on the skills to help drive your success, and mentoring to help you learn, grow, and thrive.
- Making an Impact That Matters – Impact is part of Deloitte’s DNA. We focus on addressing social issues and help drive positive societal change in the communities where we live and work.
Do you want to work with an intellectually curious team, that supports each other, is continually learning, enjoys structure, and obtains good depths of knowledge into key industries supporting the integrity of the Australian economy?
What will your typical day look like?
Our IT specialists work closely with the financial auditors, to understand client’s businesses, strategies and processes, IT architecture and risks. Our team keep abreast of emerging technologies with the IT environment and help in developing audit plans to counter financial risks that might be associated with the application of such technologies. We support clients in enhancing their IT control governance maturity, while they continually improve their IT solution through the use of agile, cloud, robotics, the implementation of large ERPs, and other advanced IT techniques.
Working in a highly integrated audit environment, the IT Specialist Experienced Analyst’s job description entails planning the audit with our financial auditors, managing the fieldwork team, performing evaluation of control’s design, and carrying out assessments of the effectiveness of internal controls concerning IT processes and systems to help ensure the integrity of the financial statement.
The opportunity will provide you with good challenges to build your skills, opportunities to meet many new people, as well as experiences in the variety of client base and avenues where your contribution will be valued. There are many opportunities to learn on-the-job or through more formal mechanism from very experienced staff. You will receive in-depth training in Information Technology, business processes and soft skills including project management to enhance your personal strengths and skills.
About the team
Placed in the Audit & Assurance division, the Technology and Controls Team (TaCT) provides specialist review towards the existing IT controls, safeguarding corporate assets, cross-checks whether the IT controls are in line with the business goals and help ensure the integrity of the financial statement. We bring our IT and accounting skills to empower clients with a crystal-clear understanding of their technology controls and their performance in relation to the financial statement and core business operations. At TaCT, we don’t just understand our clients’ businesses, we ‘bring a point of view’ to excavate opportunities and identify risks beyond traditional financial reporting functions. Our team of auditors and accountants is growing more than ever as the world recognises our talent, that’s why we need an IT Specialist Analyst to join us.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone who:
- Has commenced or be eligible to commence professional qualifications such as CISA, CA or equivalent
- Considers yourself as a high performing IT audit/IT risk professional seeking a new challenge in your career
- Is able to provide quality work in a fast-paced environment and has strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Brings a practical knowledge of technology, internal audit, external audit or risk management practices and has experience in undertaking reviews within public sector and/ or private sector organisations
- Possesses 1-3 years of experience in IT audit within professional services or a corporate ASX 200 environment
- Has a combination of IT and Business qualification (this would be viewed favourably)
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.