Azure DevOps Team Lead
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Cloud Managed Services manage innovative solutions for Australia’s most prominent companies using a combination of open-source software, cloud-native application architectures, thought leadership and a focus on business value. We have an exciting opportunity to join our Azure Development (DevOps) team as a Team Lead. We are looking for an experienced .NET/Azure Developer who can provide BAU support, development, and enhancement to our customers and leadership and support for a team of 5 engineers
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best. Learn more at Deloitte Flex
- Rewards platform - your hard work won't go unnoticed at Deloitte. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
- Training and development - at Deloitte we believe in investing in our best assets, the people. You will have access to world class training and funding for industry and other professional certifications. You’ll also work with wide range of clients, technologies, and methodologies, which will accelerate your learning.
- Support and coaching to progress your career. You will have access to mentors and coaches who will help you pave a path for career progression.
- A culture where we listen to each other and pride ourselves in delivering the best possible outcomes. Most importantly, we love to have fun.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive. Inclusion at Deloitte.
About our team
Deloitte Cloud Managed Services is changing the way that businesses leverage cloud-native technologies to solve the toughest technology challenges faced by our customers! We manage innovative solutions for Australia’s most prominent companies using a combination of open-source software, cloud-native application architectures, thought leadership and a focus on business value. We have an exciting opportunity to join our Azure Development and Support (DevOps) team as a Team Lead. We are looking for an experienced .NET/Azure Developer who can provide BAU support, development, and enhancement to our customers and leadership and support for a team of 5 engineers.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day BAU support for the Swarm to provide technical delivery of Azure DevOps and Azure solutions and provide feedback to continual service improvement and process improvement.
- Project lead for all swarm members, managing resourcing forecasts for the team, performance management, ticket management, training, knowledge, and all things ITIL.
- Key contact for SDM's for any escalations regarding the swarm.
- Working directly with internal teams and clients to discuss requirements, taking ownership of technical tasks, and providing status updates.
- Assisting and preparing estimates for changes.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Staying current with best practice and identifying ways we can enhance our approach.
- Ensuring services are provided to internal teams and clients to agreed service levels.
- Maintaining environments for internal teams and clients across a range of technologies.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following key capabilities:
- Demonstrated capability in team leadership: resourcing, career development, change management, performance tracking, scheduling etc.
- Resource forecasting - work with sales, SDM, Operations and other stakeholders to ensure resource forecasting is as accurate as possible.
- Fosters an inclusive culture, solves problems/blockers for the team, encourages a fun workplace, listens to swarm members, emphasizes employee well-being and a healthy work-life balance.
- Quality assurance - performs regular randomised quality assurance checks on ticket quality and reports to ops management with findings and actions.
- Regularly checks the work performed by the team to ensure quality is maintained.
- 3+ years of experience in the IT industry, including at least 2 years delivering distributed solutions on Azure in .NET development - mainly across C#, .NET Core, T-SQL and Visual Studio.
- Experience with Azure integration and exposure across services such as Function Apps, App Services, API Management, Logic Apps, Service Bus along with others is highly regarded.
- Prior experience with configuration management and automation technologies PowerShell, ARM templates, Azure DevOps CI/CD is an advantage.
- Prior experience with Azure DevOps, GitHub, or similar code repositories and automated build and release pipelines.
- Prior experience working on containerised solutions (e.g., Docker AKS) is highly regarded but not essential.
- Prior experience working with relational databases (e.g., T-SQL, SQL Server) is highly regarded but not essential.
- Comfortable working autonomously in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Must be willing to work in support and development team (DevOps) on a rotating after hours on call roster (with additional remuneration).
- Microsoft Azure & ITIL certifications are highly regarded.
- Enjoy being part of a continuous learning environment. We will support you in obtaining technical and non-technical certifications to help with your career development.
If all we have mentioned above has added a bit of sparkle to your day, then we can’t wait to show you what is possible at Deloitte!
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.