Senior Analyst/ Manager - Payments Advisory | Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
Senior Analyst / Manager – Payments Advisory
- Looking to be part of a dynamic, fast growing payments practice?
- Work with a high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients succeed in achieving their strategic and commercial objectives?
- Want to be part of major transformations in the payments industry and businesses alike?
- Work collaboratively across Deloitte’s unique capabilities and service lines and experience from our global consulting network.
We, at the Deloitte Payments Advisory practice are helping shape the future of payments for our clients - be it FIs, corporates/businesses or the government. If you are someone who wants to play a leadership role in payments and financial services and is keen to grow and develop in a dynamic and rewarding role, then find out why Deloitte is the place for you.
About the team
In the Payments Advisory practice, our vision is to be the undisputed leader for payments consulting in Australia. Our Payments Advisory consulting team blends global payments industry expertise with core strategy consulting skills to assist Australian and global executives gain advantage, improve performance, protect their business and commit to delivering disruptive innovations. Our clients face complex challenges that range from executing on industry-wide transformation needs, responding to market dynamics, optimising for efficiency and scale, exploring new business models driven by global innovation (e.g., digital assets) and offering leading customer experiences.
Our team is growing to support our exciting growth trajectory and is looking for a high performing experienced Senior Analyst / Manager to be part of this journey.
About the role
- Engage directly with client stakeholders across payment industry bodies, banks/payment providers and businesses on their most important and challenging business and operational issues
- Work with and lead high performing teams with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients drive quality and performance
- Demonstrate exceptional work ethics, experience in program management and ability to independently manage complex workstreams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Structure and lead delivery of outcomes which will require conducting client workshops and interviews, managing stakeholder expectations, and hands-on production and review of deliverables
- Be part of a high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients drive optimisations, transformations and performance improvements
- This role requires proven team and consulting deliverables management capabilities and the ability and desire to develop others in their careers
- A career in Payments Advisory means you will be working alongside Australian and global leaders in payments solving their toughest problems – you will never have a boring day.
You will be part of an entrepreneurial team where you will gain a broad exposure to diverse client situations and project types.
You will have:
- Strong consulting experience (4+ years) in a Tier 1/2 Consulting firms, Big 4, or a boutique strategy house
- Ability to solve complex business problems using a hypothesis-based approach, and exposure to common strategy consulting frameworks
- Strong ability to structure and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in managing client pursuits and ability to translate market trends into strategic value
- Experience in one of the following - operating model design, business process management, complex transformations, and operational improvement
- Demonstrated experience in management and delivery of client projects
- Demonstratable experience working in or leading strategy consulting teams, mentoring and people management
- A background in Payments or banking with an understanding of either retail/business payments is preferred, however an interest in the payments space is essential / sufficient
- Familiarity with the Australian or global payments ecosystem, or experience with payment platforms will be a plus, but not required
This is an excellent opportunity to:
- Gain exposure to a range of high-profile and complex challenges facing the payments industry and businesses in Australia
- Work on engagements for large banks, payment schemes and networks, FinTechs, and specialist payment providers
- Work across service lines including Strategy & Operations, Digital, Risk, and Deloitte Access Economics
- Be part of a small but growing team, that will be invested in your development and experience at Deloitte
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally