Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
Consultant - HCaaS
Are you passionate about Human Capital and Technology, taking on some of the most challenging and large-scale technology projects focused on people? If yes, then read on.
About the Centre for Innovation and Technology
The Centre for Innovation and Technology (CFIT) Adelaide is our first Australian Delivery Centre. It is part of Deloitte’s Global Delivery Network. We are establishing CFIT to primarily support Deloitte Australia with delivering high-demand technical packages of work to clients.
Reporting to the Human Capital as a Service (HCaaS) Portfolio Offering Lead, this team provides a complete range of specialised services across the world’s foremost Human Resources, Payroll & Workforce Management solutions including industry leaders SAP SuccessFactors, Oracle and Kronos and we are recognised by clients and the industry as a leading provider of solutions, services and support.
What will your typical day look like?
This role is responsible for responding and actioning all incident and change requests raised by our customers across multiple organisations.
You will work closely as part of a broader team of functional and technical system specialists and will be involved in design, development and providing end user instructions across multiple HCM products.
- Ensuring all tickets (incidents and requests) are actioned accurately and efficiently
- Providing solutions and workarounds where required
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements
- Providing the customer with clear and constant communication regarding the progress of each ticket
- Knowledge of user reporting needs
- Resolving end user queries
- Troubleshooting unexpected outcomes and errors
- Investigating and raising issues with the Vendor as required
- Enhancing procedures and documents as required
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who has experience or an interest in Human Capital and the areas within Personal/Employee Data, Learning Management, Performance Management, Onboarding, Recruitment, Payroll and Reporting
- Excellent at prioritising multiple tasks, managing conflicting deadlines and working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively manage expectations and competing priorities
- Enjoy investigating errors and working with a team of specialists to identify root cause
- Understands when to escalate
- A sound knowledge of Australian legislation, compliance and reporting requirements and/or a willingness to learn.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.