Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 30863
- Work in a part of Deloitte that is driving a product-oriented growth agenda
- Growing team where you can work as part of an empowered product team within the newly created Deloitte Software Group
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
What will your typical day look like?
We’re after a talented Product Manager to join the Software Group, working with cross functional teams to strategically drive the product incubation, development, Go-To-Market and ongoing support of technology products across the Digital and Data/AI Portfolio within Deloitte Consulting.
This is a non-consulting role operating in a product-oriented part of the business. Your day-to-day activities will be driven by continuous Product Discovery and Scrum methodologies and rituals, including sprint planning, refinement, review and retrospectives. You will work in partnership with the Tech Lead and Dev Team to fulfil and shape an outcome-based roadmap with freedom to create value in the product aligned to agreed Objectives and Key Results. You will engage with stakeholders to understand the business outcomes to be achieved. You will drive the product discovery process; speaking with customers to understand problems, workshopping ideas with your team to solve identified customer problems, testing protypes and observing user testing. You will coordinate the delivery of validated product features and ensure they are having the desired impact on OKRs.
On a typical day, you will:
- Take ownership for establishing and scaling one of our SaaS products in the Digital and Data/AI portfolio
- Work with consultants and engineers to determine the value proposition of the product to customers, define the business model and commercialisation strategy
- Work with Tech Leads to develop and shape the product backlog, drive prioritisation, gain estimates on feature complexities and develop key features
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of product
- Own the product-level roadmap, its alignment with strategic business goals and its delivery - assess value, team typology, develop investment cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Support the creation of go-to market materials and positioning through clear articulation of the product’s key features and benefits
- Support pre-sales activities through key client conversations and product demos
- Help with User Documentation (training manuals, videos, FAQs)
About the team
The Deloitte Global Cybersecurity function is responsible for enhancing data protection, standardizing and securing critical infrastructure, and gaining cyber visibility through security operations centers. The Cybersecurity organization delivers a comprehensive set of security services to Deloitte’s global network of firms around the globe.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are passionate about product management and driving customer-focused solutions to market. This means you are a self-starter and thrive in complex environments. Strong communication and stakeholder skills that will allow you to excel at collaborating in a cross-functional environment. Strong influencing skills enable you to positively impact product roadmaps, establishing agreed business outcomes so that your product team is free to find creative ways to meet product objectives whilst an appreciation for technology and software development enables you to form a strong relationship with the Tech Lead and Dev Team to achieve a balance of desirability, usability and viability with technical feasibility in the product. You have experience working in an agile framework and demonstrated experience in building teams and products from the ground up.
- Experience as a Product Manager within a product development environment where products are being scaled with commercial and strategic objectives
- Experience building capability in start-up environments taking the product from concept to go-live
- Understanding of, and experience working with, Agile, Product Management, Design Thinking and Lean Start-up operating models
- Understanding of and experience with product discovery techniques including customer interviews, research, ideation, prototyping, experimenting and prioritising to validate desirability, usability, feasibility, viability and impact on key business outcomes
- Able to write well-defined specifications to clearly communicate expected product stories and features to development teams
- Commercialisation experience to drive the right pricing strategies
- Able to align stakeholders around the product roadmap and maintain a prioritised list of product initiatives
- Experience defining KPIs/OKRs relevant to the product lifecycle and using them to measure performance or to test hypotheses
- Identify and keep track of market trends and competitors; use research to define the target segments
- Experience collaborating and running workshops/interviews remotely
- Experience creating value propositions that appeal to customers and designing product information for marketing and support teams
- Can confidently promote product vision, direction and progress
- Team player, while able to operate autonomously and willingness to challenge where necessary
- Able to create a psychologically safe environment where your team feels comfortable making mistakes, constructively challenging each other and having robust, productive discussions
About the team
Deloitte Software Group is focused on identifying, selecting, and developing technology-based products that turbo charge our consulting services and enable our consultants and our clients to tackle their most burning and complex problems. We design, develop assets and scale these into solutions in an incubator environment. Our product teams typically comprise of a Product Manager, Tech Lead, Software Developers, Data Scientists as well as Product Marketing and Sales practitioners.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.