Financial Operations - Senior Consultant
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 30986
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Mentoring programs – receive support and coaching to progress your career
- Impact day – we roll up our sleeves to help non-profit organisations make a difference!
Our Risk Advisory National Management Operations team provides a range of support to our Business Leadership. You will work closely with a range of senior stakeholders supporting large & complex projects for Deloitte.
Project Controllers provide support for large & complex projects at Deloitte. This includes financial support and project reporting, providing valuable insight and application of financial management processes. Project Controllers will be responsible for supporting one or more projects.
What will your typical day look like?
- Maintain and support the updating of budgets, forecasts and actuals for individual projects
- Provide weekly project financial status reports to engagement Partners and Directors
- Track and report time and expenses in relation to the project budget highlighting KPI
- Take ownership of project trackers and act as the primary point of contact for finance-related engagement queries
- Assist the engagement team with pricing queries
- Manage the invoicing process and vendor cost for the projects controlled
- Provide financial inputs to change requests for the project
- Reconcile project tracking tool (engagement tracker) and SAP financial system regularly
- Analyse and identify causes and consequences in project financials
- Interact with engagement partners and managers to present financial analysis and discuss recommendations/solutions
- Guiding engagement team by highlighting the P&L impact to Business Unit cost centres on key financial decisions
- Identify and assist in implementing ongoing process improvements
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders.
You will also have:
- 3-4 years of operations or problem solving experience in a similar operations or support role
- Great business finance acumen
- Strong background in delivering finance-related advice and operational support to large and diverse programs
- Reporting analysis
- Curiosity to learn and to proactively put forward ideas
- Strong sense of team and passion to develop others as well as self
- Ability to multi-task
- Go-getter attitude
- Great attention to detail
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.