Deloitte Legal Associate - Perth
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 31273
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Mentoring programs – receive support and coaching to progress your career
- Salary packaging – to suit your personal and financial circumstances
What will your typical day look like?
You will develop experience in the delivery of a range of legal services to a diverse range of clients, so there will be no typical day. You will work across a wide portfolio of clients, including large multinationals, Australian listed companies, significant net worth private groups, middle market businesses, not-for-profits and governments.
Deloitte Legal provides a broad and growing portfolio of legal services as diverse as our clients, including Federal and State tax and stamp duty advisory and dispute resolution, corporate legal work, foreign investment advisory and applications, employment, digital and intellectual property law, the preparation and review of legal documentation, corporate reorganisations, structuring and more.
About the team
Deloitte Legal is a fast-growing Australian incorporated legal practice with offices in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide. As part of a global network, we have access to more than 2,500 legal practitioners who operate in more than 80 countries. We also work closely with other businesses within Deloitte to deliver holistic business solutions to our clients and to make an impact that matters.
If you’re looking for a team that’s driven, supportive and will invest in your career – Deloitte Legal is the place for you.
You will have about 1-5 years PQE (or equivalent) gained within a law firm, large organisation or government agency, work well in a supportive team environment and be driven to further your legal career in a large firm environment.
You will be based in Perth and will be interested in developing skills across the following practice areas with the option to specialise as your career progresses:
- Federal and State taxes and stamp duty advisory and dispute resolution;
- General corporate and commercial law matters, including the implementation of a variety of transactions;
- Advising on Australia’s foreign investment laws, including making applications to the Foreign Investment Review Board;
- Not for profit legal advisory; and
- Trusts and estate planning.
You are someone with:
- Ability to work effectively as part of a highly collaborative Perth and national team, including the ability to form relationships and work on matters with persons who are not always in the same office (due to Deloitte Flex/working from home arrangements/working with members of the national team).
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Energetic and excited to develop skills across a broad range of service offerings.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value differences, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.