Deloitte Access Economics Analyst/Senior Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 26796
Our team at Deloitte Access Economics considers Australia’s most pressing policy issues. Rigorous economic assessment is crucial to sound decision-making in a commercial environment, but also by governments and regulators.
We passionately believe that economics can be a force for social good. We’ve developed economic models that show the cost of inaction on climate change, quantify the benefits of greater diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and show how we can make our cities more productive and liveable.nIf using economics to make a positive impact on Australia is your passion – come and join us at Deloitte Access Economics.
Our team is growing so we are now recruiting across at Analyst and Senior Analyst level for our Sydney location.
Deloitte Access Economics is Australia’s premier economic consultancy. We offer a suite of economic and policy advisory services to government, private and not-for-profit sectors, and pride ourselves on providing the highest calibre analysis and advice.
Every day at Deloitte Access Economics is different. We work across a variety of topics and offer services including business case development, cost benefit analysis, economic impact assessment and program evaluation. We work across all sectors of the economy, including health, education, transport, technology, tourism, energy, defence, and many more. We advise on the big issues facing Australia including how to reduce the impact on climate change and venturing into space. We have a suite of in-house models which we use to analyse and develop policies and programs.
The role will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself by:
- Applying a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical frameworks models and techniques to analyse economic issues
- Developing evidence-based policy options and advice to support decision making policy development and implementation
- Drafting and communicating findings in reports and compelling presentations to influence key decision makers
- Interacting with a wide variety of clients and assisting in the development of new business opportunities
- Contributing to thought leadership shaping Australia’s future
- Advancing your skills in economics alongside some of the best economists in Australia.
Ideally, you will have 1-5 years of experience as an economist. The core requirement is a passion for policy and an understanding of economics, and preferably a combination of the following skills, attributes and experiences depending on your level:
- Tertiary degree with a quantitative or policy focus (economics, statistics, demographics, data analytics, public policy, law)
- Experience or interest in applying economic techniques; examples could include cost benefit analysis, economic impact assessment or program evaluation
- Experience working with Excel is beneficial; some experience with statistical programs such as Stata, python or R would be considered favourably, as would data visualisation or geospatial programs
- Ability to clearly communicate written analysis in well-structured, evidence-based reports tailored to a variety of audiences including government, industry and the broader public
- Strong attention to detail, and driven to look for solutions and solve problems
- An understanding of the policy development process within government
- Desire to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and a multi-disciplinary team.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.