Financial Operations Controller | Audit & Assurance | Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best!
- Career Progression – global opportunities and coaching to progress your career
- Discounts & Perks – a variety of employee discounts at over 100 leading retailers!
Looking to work internally in an autonomous role and accelerate your career in Finance?
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our newly created national team, the Audit & Assurance Financial Operations team. Based in the heart of the Sydney CBD, you will be part of a team that is fun, collaborative, and inclusive which we are incredibly proud of.
About the team
Our team is growing fast and is the heart of financial operations for our Audit & Assurance business unit. Our team objective is to centralise, streamline and proactively manage the administrative function of an engagement throughout its lifecycle to deliver excellence in operational efficiencies.
We support Partners, Principals, and Directors of an Operating Unit through timely execution of financial engagement management and provide advice on best practice. We also provide key financial insights and updates. Our team will satisfy your need for continuous learning and development, with opportunities for advancement and we will even support your CA aspirations!
What will your typical day look like?
You will regularly liaise with a varied stakeholder group – whilst working in an autonomous role that allows you to make a real impact to the operational running of the Audit and Assurance business unit.
You will work closely with your key stakeholder group and the Financial Operations Lead, to ensure policy and procedures are upheld and followed, assist in any follow up or requests from Finance; along with other ad-hoc requests from the operations or engagements teams.
Key tasks include:
- Act as the ‘go to person’ for engagement teams on code management queries
- Engagement setup, pricing, financial code management, cost to complete modelling, and variance analysis.
- Invoice clients as directed by the Operations team or Engagement Manager
- Look after and undertake maintenance of engagement codes including updating resource rates, processing financial adjustments, and closing engagement codes
- Analysing and identifying causes and consequences in engagement financials
- Identifying and mitigating operational business risk, with focus on key financial metrics
- Provide financial status reports and assist with month end reporting
- Liaise with relevant teams offshore
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including but not limited to National Finance, National Resourcing, PDM’s and Operating Unit Leaders
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- At least 12 months experience in a similar operations/project controller role
- Experience and exposure to financials and financial reporting
- Knowledge and experience in software programs such as Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, and SAP (preferable)
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Strong communication, attention to detail, multitasking, numerical, and interpersonal skills
- Motivation and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to present, interact and articulate financials to all levels of seniority
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.