Senior Analyst - Infrastructure & Capital Projects
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 30357
About the team
At Deloitte, we embrace flexibility and diversity. Our Infrastructure & Capital Projects team is the perfect representation of this. We are a multidisciplinary group of professionals with qualifications and professional experience in corporate finance, economics, civil engineering, public policy, facilities management, construction, law, Government strategy, project management and urban planning.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value flexibility and diversity and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You will have:
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience
- An interest in public sector, the role of government, public policy and State-led investments
- A strong desire to make an impact that matters through the work that you do
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including the ability to prepare a range of different documents, and write in different styles for different purposes and audiences (e.g. technical reports, briefings to executive decision makers, succinct summaries of complex issues in layman’s terms, visual materials to support stakeholder engagement activities with a variety of audiences).
- A positive, collaborative and problem-solving approach
- A desire to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Economics, Econometrics, Public Policy, Commerce, Law, Finance or Engineering).
You may also have the following, although these are not essential:
- Experience in the public sector, procurement and/or delivery of infrastructure and associated services, financial and/or economic modelling, contract design and development, consulting and the provision of professional services
You might find yourself:
- collaborating with Government and its stakeholders to inform investments in the State’s next generation hospital that deliver better health outcomes, classrooms of the future that enable improved education, more efficient trams or zero emission buses and autonomous vehicles
- undertaking analysis to consider where the next port or sports stadium should go
- working with a team of engineers, lawyers and bankers helping government to run a tender process and negotiate great public outcomes and value for money from complex service contracts such as for prison and correctional facilities, bus services or the digitalisation of education and healthcare
- undertaking commercial and financial analysis, designing commercial frameworks such as performance and payment arrangements, and developing and delivering procurement strategies via tender and negotiation processes between government and the private sector.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
The minimum salary requirement for this role is $90,000 inclusive of 10.5% superannuation.
Sound like the role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.