Gi3 Senior Analyst - Darwin
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 32040
Opportunity to work as a Senior Analyst or Experienced Analyst in Deloitte’s exciting Global Investment and Innovation Incentives (Gi3) team in Darwin to drive innovation and shape the social and economic agenda.
What will your typical day look like?
You will be tasked with the delivery of a fast-paced program of work to support the growth of the Government Advisory Services team (part of the Gi3 team) in the market among public sector and private clients across a range of industry sectors. You will be part of the national team and supported by experienced mentors to drive your success in this exciting and challenging role.
As part of your role, you will be expected to assist our clients in developing successful government grant and funding assistance applications, business case development, economic and trade development advice, investment attraction policy, as well as broader innovation incentives across the country. Using your analytical skills, you will contribute insights and strategies that bring value to our clients. You will work collaboratively with team members to develop strategic documents, reports, and presentations to articulate findings, positions, and solutions.
Day to day, you will be responsible for developing draft client deliverables, adhering to project timelines, and maintaining engagement records and systems. You will also be required to work closely with various stakeholders (e.g., client technical and finance teams, internal cross service teams, industry peak body groups, departmental and ministerial officers) to deliver a successful, high-quality outcome.
About the team
Deloitte’s Gi3 team works to assist our clients across a wide range of growth industry sectors in undertaking new investment and innovation by identifying and securing government funding support to realise their plans, as well as support them with government and stakeholder relations. This involves identifying key projects, seeking to understand how and why the government has an interest in providing support, and then working on specific funding opportunities to generate a successful government funding assistance outcome.
The Government Advisory Services team also works to assist our clients in the public sector with economic and trade development advice, business case development for strategic projects, public policy reviews and advice, and a broad range of investment attraction services.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone who is curious and ambitious, and enjoys collaborating with a team to resolve complex economic and business problems. You have the following skills and experience:
- Commerce, law, public policy, or economics background (qualifications)
- 3-5 years’ experience within a consulting firm, industry, or government, preferably in economic or trade development, public policy, government relations, or government funding program delivery
- Ability to work flexibly across a range of sectors (e.g. infrastructure, mining, energy, manufacturing, biotechnology, agribusiness, defence and space, government)
- Some experience in working with or for government (state, territory or federal), preferably in an industry-facing role
- Current knowledge of Australian Government policy is an advantage, particularly regarding economic policy, infrastructure and industry programs (e.g. advanced manufacturing, critical minerals, clean energy, biotechnology, or other sectors facing growth prospects), and climate change related policy
- Experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis using primary and secondary information sources
- Skills and experience in public policy, and strategy development and review
- Strong writing skills, including business cases, proposal and presentation development, and report writing
- Strong verbal communication skills, including presentation to senior executives and bureaucrats and experience with facilitating or providing support with conducting workshops
- Able to multitask and capable of working autonomously or in collaboration
- Provide high quality work in a fast-paced environment and have outstanding problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan for and meet deadlines
- An enthusiastic approach to work and an eagerness to learn.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.