Senior Manager - Internal Audit, Risk Management and Controls
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best.
- Rewards platform - your hard work won't go unnoticed at Deloitte.
- Training and development - at Deloitte we believe in investing in our best assets, the people!
You will have access to world class training and funding towards industry and other professional certifications.
Deloitte’s Internal Audit, Risk Management and Controls team advises some of Australia’s largest and most influential organisations on their governance, risk and control frameworks that are vital to protecting their brand, their employees, and the communities which they serve.
Our goal is to deliver differentiated, transformational risk management solutions through harnessing the power of digital and data. We believe in truly understanding the risks, issues, and opportunities for our clients, and we offer industry insight to help build resilience and readiness in an uncertain environment.
As a senior member of the team, focussed on combination of assurance and advisory services, you will:
- Advise clients on their governance, risk and control frameworks and operating models
- Invest time building relationships and profile in the market and within the firm
- Manage internal audit and risk relationships and projects with responsibility for quality, client service and project financials
- Present insights and recommendations to Senior Management and Executive stakeholders
- Identify controls and processes that would benefit from controls optimisation/ rationalisation or transformation
- Support development of controls and work with Functional or Technical stakeholders to implement risk frameworks or controls
- Play a passionate and meaningful role in developing the careers of team members
- Contribute to the development of the business by supporting pursuit of new opportunities and by helping enhance internal audit, governance, risk, and control capabilities in the team
- Identify opportunities to enhance risk management and control framework practices.
Being part of a collaborative team, you may also have opportunity to:
- Plan, lead and deliver a range of internal audit engagements in the public, corporate and financial sectors, that help organisations uplift their control environment.
- Assist in the provision of internal audit, governance, risk, and control related training on an annual basis.
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
To be considered for this opportunity, your experience will include:
- Experience in providing risk advisory, internal audit or consulting services
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to make the complex simple
- Experience in workshop facilitation and making these workshops interactive, client centred, and action focused
- Proven experience in engaging senior industry partners and delivering reports, proposals and presentations
- Experience reviewing, designing and implementing governance / risk / control frameworks and operating models
- Experience in designing and embedding new processes that can be optimised using automation
- Experience in designing processes and governance (oversight) of those processes
- Tertiary level qualification in a discipline with relevant professional accreditation
- It is preferable that you have experience in public sector, retail, consumer industry products, utilities or financial services sectors and/or have relevant professional services experience.
At Deloitte, we enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Greg Nihotte on 02 9322 7389 from the Talent team.