Manager or Senior Manager | ESG Reporting - Business Assurance
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
Our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) team within Audit & Assurance works collaboratively across our various areas such as risk advisory, accounting technical, treasury & capital markets and systems & technology.
The team is privileged to be working on one of the most pressing and topical business and societal issues. Through our services, we help our clients understand, engage with and act on their ESG/sustainability-related risks and opportunities.
We use our specialist skills and our global reach to help our clients navigate the compliance requirements of ESG, tailored to the specific needs and vision of each one of our clients and with a view to generating sustainable improvements in their ESG monitoring and reporting.
The ESG assurance team continues to grow and requires several outstanding, innovative and engaging professionals to join the team – that’s where you come in.
What will your typical day look like?
As a senior and inspirational member of our team focused on ESG, you will:
- be working with a variety of blue chip, high-profile clients, helping them clarify and shape what ESG/ sustainability means for their business and how they report and disclose information to stakeholders – particularly in the context of the convergence between sustainability / ESG reporting and financial reporting.
- be helping a variety of clients apply leading sustainability / ESG standards and frameworks, and helping clients work through implications for their business strategy, risks, governance and metrics and targets, and how they communicate and report on this.
- be working with clients to help them develop and improve their systems, processes and controls for the collation of sustainability / ESG metrics and data, and / or help them interpret information so they can make strategic decisions about their ESG and business performance.
- you will work collaboratively with the other members of the ESG team and with our colleagues in audit, technical, assurance, treasury & capital markets, technology and risk advisory to bring together the expertise and tailored solutions needed to guide our clients to develop their maturity in ESG performance and reporting, in a pragmatic way.
- you will have a large amount of autonomy in terms of delivery of service and will be able to leverage the support functions already in place.
- bring an innovative mind-set and an appetite to keep well-informed and across accelerating developments in the ESG reporting and regulatory space, and broader macro ESG issues.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
- experience using and applying leading sustainability reporting standards and frameworks e.g. SASB, TCFD, GRI
- 7+ years experience in a similar field
- an understanding of emerging sustainability and financial reporting standards and trends
- skills in preparing (and / or analysing) sustainability and / or corporate reporting
- strong oral and written communication skills (including presentations, workshopping, facilitation and negotiations);
- structured problem-solving, technical skills and knowledge to design project approach and lead others in delivery;
- passion for people development, including coaching and managing teams. You will have the ability to lead people effectively and build strong rapport and relationships with both our team and client peers.
- university degree qualified
It would be advantageous (but not essential) for the role if you have experience in:
- Sustainable finance and developing (or assuring) green finance products
- ESG focused investor relations
- Carbon accounting or nature-based accounting
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.