Senior Analyst | CFO Advisory | Accounting & Reporting | Canberra
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 32383
- Join a team of diverse professionals and be a part of meaningful and exciting projects
- Unlimited career progression opportunities, professional development, and mentorship
- Choose from a variety of flex options through Deloitte Experience
Our team is growing and we have multiple opportunities available for experienced Accountants with a drive to grow and succeed.
About the team
We are specialists in finance function transformation, accounting change, financial management, complex transactions accounting advice, specialised finance outsourcing, costing and Federal Government budget management matters.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Senior Analyst, you will be working within a team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of clients’ finance functions, make better decisions and navigate the complexities of financial management and accounting issues. You could be working on a variety of projects including financial and management reporting, finance transformation, regulatory compliance, and accounting advice. Tasks that you may come across on a day-to-day basis within the Government advisory team in Canberra are as follows:
- Assist in the development of Internal and External Budgets and improving the reporting framework
- Manage the relationship with the Australian National Audit Office with accounting technical matters
- Responding to enquiries from Senate Committees, the Prime Minister, Cabinet, Department of Finance and individual senators on key components of large Federal Department spend on national and regional levels
- Financial analysis to aid Federal Department stakeholders work out how they can help in super-charging the Australian economy in response to COVID
- Financial analysis of Federal Departments in response to national events like the Bushfire and COVID
What are we looking for:
We’re looking for candidates with a combination of the following:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in accounting, finance or a related area
- Holds or studying toward a CA/CPA qualification (or equivalent)
- Between 3 – 5 years of experience in finance, accounting, external audit or a related field
- Skills in technical and/or management accounting and budgeting
- Well-developed relationship management skills
- Excellent collaborative skills, precision thinking and a dedicated work ethic
- An existing security clearance would be advantageous
Due to the client requirements, all candidates must undergo a security clearance and as such, only Australian citizens will be considered for this role.
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We putcoaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now! #A&A
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Alina Irfan from our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.