Analyst | M&A Valuations | Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 32396
- Mentoring programs - receive support and coaching to support your career
- Twice-yearly promotion cycles
- Paid professional memberships
The question of ‘value’ is at the heart of corporate and investment decision-making.
We are Australia’s leading and fastest growing corporate valuations team and are currently recruiting at the Analyst level in Sydney.
What will your typical day look like?
Your work will be varied and will offer an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills in corporate finance, value advisory and project management. You will be exposed to a range of clients, including multi-nationals, high-growth companies, financial institutions, private equity and legal firms.
More specifically, working in a supportive and collegial team, you will be involved in:
- financial and market research, analysis and benchmarking
- the use of a range of valuation methodologies, modelling techniques and analytics tools
- the preparation and review of valuation reports that clearly articulate our findings
- client meetings and presentations
- supporting project management, including tracking against timelines and budgets
- work in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Our market-leading flexible work policy, DeloitteFlex, now includes 12 flexible working options that allow our people to shape their working day and provide a wide range of leave choices including paid annual wellbeing day, flexible timings, opportunities to observe cultural and religious days that matter to our people, taking time out to make an impact to the community, and many more!
About the team
Our specialist Valuations team provides valuation opinions and advice in situations of strategic change and commercial importance. We assist clients in managing and reporting on value for a variety of purposes, including mergers & acquisitions, strategy selection, financial reporting, tax, and litigation. We value enterprises, shares and intangible assets (such as technology and brands) across all industries. We are a passionate and supportive team who work collaboratively across a diverse range of projects in an environment that fosters wellbeing and rewards success.
We believe that work-life harmony is important for our employee wellness and wellbeing, as they continue to deliver the best experiences for our clients. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, the Deloitte Experience (DX) empowers our people to make choices about where they work based on their client, team and individual needs and how they connect with their clients and each other.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Our preferred candidate is a valuation-enthusiast displaying:
- exceptional financial analytical skills with experience of working with large data sets and attention to detail
- ideally previous business and intangible asset valuation experience
- a blend of financial qualifications and minimum 1 year experience in valuations (or financial analysis) with an understanding of generally accepted valuation methodologies
- an interest in market conditions and how value is derived
- the ability to think unconventionally, problem solve and develop solutions to commercial problems
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- the ability to manage a number of projects
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.