Field Sales Executive – NSW
Job Type: Full time
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our DHL divisions offer an unrivaled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air, and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 380,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, DHL connects people and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global sustainable trade flows. With specialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences, healthcare, engineering, manufacturing & energy, auto-mobility, and retail, DHL is decisively positioned as “The logistics company for the world”.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL Group. The Group generated revenues of more than 81 billion euros in 2021. With sustainable business practices and a commitment to society and the environment, the Group makes a positive contribution to the world. Deutsche Post DHL Group aims to achieve net-zero emissions logistics by 2050.
FORWARDING EXPERTS WITH GLOBAL REACH & LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
As a Field Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Seeking and prospecting new business targets within a defined Sydney-based territory
- Building rapport and trust with customers by being informed about customer’s business and the market
- Expanding opportunities with existing customers
- Managing a sales pipeline
- Fostering and maintaining strong working relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Being a trusted advisor, offer your insight and knowledge of the freight forwarding market
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience in the Shipping/International freight forwarding industry in Field Sales / similar roles (mandatory)
- Minimum three (3) years of previous experience in commercial selling and negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present at board level
- Be result-driven and be able to demonstrate strong communication and administration skills with a high degree of attention to detail and a professional work ethic.
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Given the autonomous nature of this role, you're comfortable working independently
- Demonstrated experience and capability in building sales pipelines within the challenging COVID-19 digital landscape.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
In return, we offer:
- Competitive annual base + car allowance + superannuation
- Quarterly sales commissions based on sales targets
- Tools of the trade (mobile and laptop)
- Supportive and friendly team who are excited to have you on board
- Flexible working arrangements
Why DHL Global Forwarding?
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That is why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent ALL over the world. We provide both the challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognise the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
In a global business like ours, the opportunities are endless. So, join us. Work with us. Grow with us. Stay with us. Discover the positive impact you can make and build an amazing DHL career.
DHL. Excellence. Simply Delivered.
To be considered for this position you will need valid rights to work and live in Australia.