Software Engineer | Mid-Senior | New Zealand | Remote
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables through to machine learning, PowerPoint automation to online dashboards.
We're a bootstrapped and profitable company - no debt, no external investors. In the last 5 years, we've grown from 11 to 78 people, and we have 1,400+ great clients, from small businesses through to Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work ANZ 2022, with a score of 97% from our employees. We are also in 6th place on the Best Places to Work 2022 list for small employers.
We are also supported and endorsed by Work 180, where we are trying to close the diversity gaps in the tech space. Click here to find out more about our benefits.
We are on an exciting scale-up journey and we are expanding our engineering team. We are looking for Mid-level and Senior full-stack Software Engineers.
With our Head Office in Sydney, Australia, we are looking for exceptional talent to join our team remotely from anywhere in New Zealand.
What you'll be doing
- Join our core engineering team developing new components and contributing to design decisions.
- Use your technical experience to help kick off major product enhancements.
- Work on front-end and back-end projects.
- Convert ideas to products and features in a highly collaborative environment.
- Help scale the platform and make it more stable.
- Code review the work of your peers.
- Mentor your teammates, encouraging them to grow technically and professionally.
- Participate in the evaluation of new candidates for the engineering team
- You have at least 5 years of solid development experience.
- Previous experience working with data or on a SaaS platform is preferred.
- You have a Degree in Computer Science or Computer Software.
- You deeply understand the platforms and libraries you use.
- Your CV is full of achievements you are proud of.
- You are concise, clear, and courteous in your communication.
- You are curious and innovative.
- You take calculated risks and are not afraid of failure.
Our tech stack
- Back-end: C#, SQL.
- Supporting systems: C#, Python, R, Rust, Node.js.
- Platforms: Azure, AWS, Kubernetes.
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in a large engine. You’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- If you want to work on big thorny problems that will build upon, test, and show off your exceptional technical skills, then you’ll thrive at Displayr.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely.
- Displayr has a high-trust environment, where you’ll be given a serious degree of autonomy and flexibility.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and "best practice".
- We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- International company - offices in Sydney, Chicago, and London.
We believe that a workplace that welcomes a variety of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds is important and will only push us to be better. We never discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnic background, disability status, religion, or sexual orientation.