Senior DevOps/Platform Engineer | Remote
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables to machine learning, PowerPoint automation to online dashboards.
Our Engineering team is at the heart of this mission, and we need YOU.
We're a bootstrapped and profitable company - no debt, no external investors. In the last five years, we've grown from 11 to over 89 people, and we have 1,400+ great clients, from small businesses to Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
We are proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work 2022, with a score of 97% from our employees. We are also in 6th place on the Best Places to Work 2022 list for small employers ANZ.
Displayr is pleased to partner with Work180, an organization dedicated to improving the workplace for Diversity and Inclusion, particularly working conditions for women.
We understand that you are unique, so we don't expect you to have experience with everything mentioned below, but it would be great if you can demonstrate both a breadth of experience with tools that solve similar problems and a depth of experience in a few.
Ideally, you will have commercial software development experience(.Net, Typescript preferred) or you have managed a major cloud such as Azure.
- Exposure to cloud-based deployment environments.
- Knowledge/Experience with IaaC tools and ecosystems such as Pulumi, CDK, Terraform.
- Experience with major cloud-based CI platforms such as CircleCI, GitHub Actions.
- Experience in cloud resources and application monitoring in production.
- Experience in service operation review and post-mortem review.
- Working knowledge of IaaS including load balancing, networking, firewall and server management.
- Experience with Kubernetes and its ecosystem. In particular, AKS, Service Mesh, Helm and container-based deployment.
- Knowledge of security best practices in a cloud environment.
- Cloud cost management.
- Technical writing skills.
- Azure certifications.
In this role, you will:
Build and operate a self-service, reliable, secure, automated, and performant cloud platform to enable application development and data science teams to deliver features with ease and confidence.
- Build, operate and evolve the Displayr Cloud platform using IaaC.
- Migrate existing services and deploy them into production.
- Build production-ready Kubernetes environments.
- Manage cloud costs, including management of reserved VM instances.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our CI/CD pipelines.
- Uplift our in-house testing system.
- Improve infrastructure and application observability.
- Automate monitoring and alerting.
- Improve the incident response process.
- Work with the security team to improve cloud environment security using code.
- Evangelize and continuously improve DevOps culture.
Our Tech Stack
- Back-end: C#, SQL.
- Supporting systems: C#, Python, R, Rust, Node.js.
- Platforms: Azure, AWS, Kubernetes.
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in a large engine. You’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- If you want to work on big thorny problems that will build upon, test, and show off your exceptional technical skills, then you’ll thrive at Displayr.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely.
- Displayr has a high-trust environment, where you’ll be given a serious degree of autonomy and flexibility.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and "best practice".
- We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- International company - offices in Sydney, Chicago, and London.
- Read what our employees say about us on Glassdoor.
- Competitive base salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- Share options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages).
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Relaxed workplace and culture.
- Select your own equipment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Full-time or Part-time roles available.
- Training allowance to help you grow your skills.
- Head office by the water in Pyrmont, Sydney, with access to pool and tennis court.
- We partner with Work180 for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. You can read more about us here.
We believe that a workplace that welcomes a variety of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds is important and will only push us to be better. We never discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnic background, disability status, religion, or sexual orientation.