Senior Human Resources Officer (Section 51)
Department of Mines, Industry, Regulations and Safety
Location: East Perth
Job Type: Full time
Fixed term opportunity up to 30 June 2024 with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Are you a creative HR professional who has a passion in recruitment?
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) is seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Pursuant to Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA), only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants will be considered for this role.
At DMIRS, we pride ourselves on creating a supportive, inclusive and innovative environment that allows our people to contribute, develop and thrive to reach their full potential.
We offer a diverse range of extraordinary career opportunities across the Department, all focusing on supporting a safe, fair and responsible future for the Western Australian community, industry and resources sector. Our workforce's diversity is our strength; it enhances our ability to be forward-thinking and responsive in the services we deliver to the Western Australian community.
To learn more about the Department and what we have to offer, please visit our website.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will undertake innovative recruitment services and provide advice on complex recruitment matters to ensure compliance with WA Public Sector and departmental standards. You will work closely with hiring managers, Senior Human Resources Consultants and other teams within the Human Resources Branch in the coordination of the end to end recruitment activities to deliver a high level customer service.
Drawing on your experience in facilitating recruitment activities, it is also essential for you to demonstrate your ability to promote innovation recruitment and attraction practices with a focus on diversity recruitment. You will also need to provide support and coaching to other team members when required.
This position is located in East Perth, conveniently close distance from public transport and nearby City of Perth parking, however you may also need to work at other sites as required.
Need further info?
Click on the Job Description Form (JDF) below or contact Garth Collins, Manager Recruitment and Engagement on (08) 9222 3584.
We offer a supportive, diverse and innovative environment, with great benefits, including:
- Great work/life balance with 37.5 hour working week as a standard and flexible working hours for most roles.
- Leave options including purchase leave, deferred leave and long service leave after 7 years.
- Flexibility to work at home, in the field and in the office for most roles.
- Stable work, job security, fair remuneration, 10.5% superannuation contributions to a provider of your choice and salary packaging options.
- Opportunities for professional development, acting, shadowing and mentoring.
- Support to grow your skills with a wide range of formal training options.
- Build a healthy lifestyle with our award-winning Health and Wellbeing program.
- Supportive work environment including an Employee Assistance Program to assist you deal with life’s challenges.
What we are looking for?
Only a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) up to three (3) pages is required for your application.
- Your CV should be tailored to clearly outline your skills and professional experience relevant to the advertised role. You are encouraged to include your key achievement (dot points are sufficient) from your past and/or current work experience.
- Your CV should provide enough detail to allow the selection panel to assess your skills and experience relevant to the key requirements on the attached JDF.
- Applicants are no longer required to address the work-related requirements in a covering letter for this process.
Please note: All requirements, capabilities and pre-employment checks listed on the attached JDF will be assessed at a later stage during the selection process.
Ready to join our team?
Click ‘Apply for job’ below, complete the online application form and attach documentation as requested above in the “What we are looking for?” section.
For tips putting together your application, or details about the process, you can find more information in the Applicant Information Pack attached below. You can also contact Jacqueline Gao, Human Resources Officer on (08) 9222 3632 or email RecruitmentandEngagement@dmirs.wa.gov.au for information about employment conditions and the application process.
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, it may also be used to fill other "similar" vacancies for appointment (permanent, fixed term, full-time or part time) throughout the department for the next twelve (12) months.
CLOSING DATE: 4.00 pm on Thursday, 8 December 2022 (WST)
Your application submission must be complete by the closing time, applications that are in progress or submitted after this time will not be accepted. It is your responsibility to ensure your application is submitted on time.
- Applicant Information Pack
- Job Description Form
- Section 51 - Fact Sheet
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.