Fibre Install Technician - West Coast
Location: Canterbury, Canterbury
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for Service Technicians to join us on the West Coast. In this role, you will be responsible connecting customers to the Chorus UFB fibre network.
About the Role
Reporting to the Field Manager, you will be responsible for successfully connecting customers to the Chorus fibre network through carrying out build and connect provision work, organising materials, updating records, and carrying parallel work activities to ensure the customer has service.
Future responsibilities will include upskilling to carry out maintain work on the UFB network as well as other opportunities to develop your skills on other networks.
You will be building positive relationships with internal customers and clients and you will show commitment to quality work practices and ongoing quality assurance.
You must be committed to actively following our Health and Safety protocols.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out Scope, build and connect activity for each customer connection as requested.
- To ensure the works you are involved in are installed/ serviced/ repaired/ commissioned correctly, including associated documentation and drawings, are left in a fully operational and safe state.
- Undertake maintain works as required.
- Install and commission works as required
- Identify, minimise business risks to Downer, inform appropriate managers where required
- Undertake and participate in business-based audits and improvement teams as required.
Suitable applicants will possess:
- Minimum Level 3 NZQA Telecommunications or equivalent or similar experience in the industry
- To be able to use jointing and fault-finding equipment
- Full NZ Driver’s License
- Knowledgeable with reading and interpreting plans
- An energetic personality and enthusiastic approach to work
- Be prepared to be called out at times of need for outages
- Sound computer skills for record-keeping
- Be innovative and team focused and be able to generate solutions that produce results
- Must be a self-starter, work autonomously and work well in a team environment
- A verifiable championing of quality workmanship and a right first-time attitude
- Strong health and safety focus
- The ability to travel to other areas to assist the business as required.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594484 to apply.