Job Type: Full time
Our team based in Palmerston North are looking for a Construction Foreman. The successful applicant will be leading one of our Palmerston North based crews doing structure works, such as roading and minor construction. This ‘hands on’ role will require you to provide leadership by planning, providing direction and controlling activities whilst working alongside the team in the field.
You will be expected to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of our customers and that all targets are met.
What we offer:
You’ll be joining an inclusive and collaborative team where people are supported to be the best versions of themselves. Along with this, you’ll also be:
- Stable working environment
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week, plus overtime and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe work environment
- A fun, welcoming team working in a positive atmosphere
- Excellent career growth opportunities
About the role:
We need a motivated and experienced Construction Foreman to join the team in Palmerston North.
In this role, you'll be responsible for the coordination of onsite operations, liaison with internal and external suppliers and subcontractors onsite, quality delivery onsite, onsite training and development, staff motivation and site safety management.
- Previous experience in a Construction / Foreperson role
- Team leadership skills and the ability to motivate and lead a team
- Knowledge of and experienced in civil construction specifications and procedures
- High standard of workmanship
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible work approach, as no two days are the same
- Strong safety and quality focus
If you are keen, motivated and experienced, or have a genuine interest in a career in roading/civil infrastructure then we want to hear from you.
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594801 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.