Civil Construction Leading Hand
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We have a new position available in our team in Palmerston North as a Leading Hand. If you are looking for a role that is based outdoors, then we want to hear from you!
Why work for us?
- We offer a rewarding hourly rate with opportunities to train and obtain qualifications
- Full-time employment with flexible hours of work, also the potential for additional hours
- You’ll be part of an experienced crew with managers to coach and guide you
- Job security with long-term secured contracts in the region
About the role:
In this role, you will have a keen eye for detail to meet our customer’s needs. You will be a mentor to your teammates as you undertake civil construction and maintenance-related activities to achieve our contract standards. Your duties will include operating our machinery from tractors, trucks and small plant machinery. You will be undertaking various activities to achieve contract standards; this will include a range of other small civil work. It goes without saying that we are looking for someone who will willingly adopt the Zero Harm requirements of this role.
Along with your positive attitude, there are a few other essentials but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you.
- Able to effectively lead crew when the foreman is away
- Participate in planning upcoming works with foreman and STMS on a daily basis
- You’ll hold a class 2 minimum full New Zealand Drivers licence with WTR endorsements being desirable
- A proven track record of operating machinery in civil construction
- Physically fit (As you will be spending your time outdoors and on your feet)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have a track record of being reliable and trustworthy
- Flexibility to work varying hours that include early morning starts and some weekends
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594802 apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.