Community and Stakeholder Officer
Location: Canning Vale
Job Type: Full time
Downer has been selected to take part in a national programme of the design and construction of fibre deeper into selected Fibre to the Node (FTTN ) network areas. The extension of fibre within these FTTN areas will allow premises to place orders for higher speed services via a Fibre to the Premise (FTTP ) connection. With project offices based in Hexham, NSW and Canning Vale, WA , the teams have commenced Design and Construction activities in these states.
We have a newly created role for a Community and Stakeholder Officer to join our project team. In this field based role, you will support the day-to-day implementation of our relationships with communities and stakeholders across current Telecommunications Projects throughout Australia. You will work collaboratively with survey and construction teams to ensure our communities and stakeholders receive timely, accurate and appropriate advice about projects.
- Demonstrated experience is the Development and Implementation of Community and Stakeholder Engagement Strategies/Plans
- Demonstrated experience in proactively identifying and promptly responding to community issues
- IAP2 Engagement Certification or Tertiary Education in similar field desirable, but not essential
- Thorough understanding of principles of Areas of Environmental Significance, and modern Environmental & Heritage management techniques.
- Good knowledge of telecommunications approvals legislation and processes.
- Experience working within the complex complaint resolution space
- Ability to employ conflict resolution skills both internally and primarily externally with vested stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and influence a range of employees
- This is a field-based role, and a Current Drivers Licence is essential
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary package plus Tool of Trade of Vehicle
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Access to professional and personal L&D programs
- Supportive leadership and a great team dynamic
For more information please contact Paula Collins, Talent & Sourcing Business Partner - email@example.com
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.