Job Type: Full time
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, bridge and roads, as well as track and station work, signalling and rail safety technology.
Our Northern Infrastructure Business have an opportunity for a seasoned Operations Manager to join the Infrastructure Projects team and lead our Queensland team.
About The Role:
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of a multi-disciplined $30m revenue business unit. They will be accountable for ensuring works are delivered on time and in accordance with Client and Downer requirements. They will be responsible for all line management, training and development of the Project Management team, Engineers and also support functions under their control.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Assist business development team develop and grow the Northern Infrastructure business.
- Provide input to the preparation of operational and capital annual budgets and business plans, in accordance with current Downer/Group requirements
- Provide accurate monthly accounts and reports on the performance of the business unit/project scope
- Implement corrective measures to address negative variances to budget/project scope/scheduling
- Oversee project work methods and performance and implement corrective actions for efficient utilisation of plant and labour
- Select personnel, allocate work, monitor progress, and have overall responsibility for ensuring that work is delivered effectively.
- Manage and lead personnel; prioritise work efficiently
- Manage the process required to ensure the changes arising from the implementation of new strategies, policies/procedures and initiatives are effectively applied
- Ensure clients requirements are understood and Downer offering is shaped to meet their requirements.
- Maintain and foster regular client relationships / dialogue
- Build a client driven team which works with clients to understand and meet their needs
- Represent Downer in dealings with advisors, clients, customers and consultants (as required)
- Liaise with clients to ensure project deliverables are achieved. Negotiate in consultation with the commercial team contract issue with the client, within delegated authority limits.
- In conjunction with business development team identify and engage with new clients to ensure that a wide client base as possible is created and maintained.
- Lead by example and continually promote relevant aspects of Zero Harm when engaging with operational teams
- Regularly monitor, communicate and initiate safety, quality and environmental processes, including toolbox meetings, inspections, and the identification, assessment and control of risks; promote the reporting of incidents, near misses, hazards, non-conformances, system improvements and customer complaints and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner;
- Prepare and submit data / reports to support reporting commitments / compliance requirements
- Institute proper reporting, investigation and costing of injury, damage and loss. Promote action to preclude recurrences and initiate analysis to discover accident trends.
- Conduct ongoing risk management and hazard identification processes.
- Proven track record in a leadership/operations role – minimum 10 years’ experience in road / rail infrastructure projects.
- Minimum 5 years working in brown field Rail environments is also preferred.
- Relevant Engineering Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in large leading teams in diversion geographic locations.
- Demonstrable and successful experience in a business / project operations management role.
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Project planning; organisational and time management skills
- High levels of verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with a wide variety of people
- Understanding and ability to interpret technical specifications and financial data and reports.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Lifestyle, financial, health and wellbeing employee benefits
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
How To Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please use the link and apply online. Applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
For more information, please contact Antonio Delle Donne, Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resumes.