Occupational Planning Manager
Location: Dandenong South, Geelong, Waurn Ponds
Job Type: Full time
Downer has a long history of delivering Transport Infrastructure Projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, signalling, track and station works, rail safety technology, bridges and roads.
The Djilang Alliance, comprising of Downer, McConnell Dowell, Arup and WSP Australia, has been selected as the preferred contractor for the South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Duplication.
The South Geelong to Waurn Ponds Duplication is part of the Australian and Victorian governments’ more than $1 billion investment in the staged upgrade of the Geelong Line and a critical step in delivering more frequent and reliable services.
With a completion date targeted for 2024, the project will include:
- Duplicating around eight kilometres of track between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds
- Rebuilding South Geelong and Marshall stations featuring new station buildings and forecourts, second platforms and accessible pedestrian overpasses
- Removal of the level crossings at Fyans Street and Surf Coast Highway and replaced with elevated rail bridges
- Signalling upgrades between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds
- More than five kilometres of new shared user paths linking to existing trails and paths and creating a continuous connection between South Geelong and Waurn Ponds.
The newly formed Djilang Alliance are now seeking an experienced Occupational Planning Manager to be engaged by Downer on a full-time permanent basis.
You will lead occupation and third-party access requirements to ensure Project access and occupational milestones are achieved.
Reporting to the Mobilisation Manager, you will be based at our project site in South Geelong. Office location of Melbourne CBD (with Working from Home flexibility).
- Responsible for planning occupations ensuring work readiness and third-party access requirements have been met
- Manage the interface between Djilang Alliance and ARTO to ensure Project access and occupational milestones are achieved
- Works with the Rail Safety team to ensure compliance with the Rail Access Management Plan (RAMP)
- Liaise with the Design, Engineering and Delivery teams on key project milestones, completion of T minus requirements, occupation readiness and escalation of issues
- Mentors and supports direct team and delivery personnel
- Providing the leadership necessary for the Alliance to achieve the project objectives
- Proven experience in a similar role preferably within a multi-site construction, transport, construction or engineering industries or Rail Transport Operator
- Proven experience working to tight time frames in a changing environment and ability to work under pressure and manage stakeholder expectations
- Outcome focused, hands on, and operational, with good technical capability
- Self-motivated and possessing good planning skills demonstrating high attention to detail
- Able to build solid understanding of the business priorities to deliver a high standard of effective and integrated solutions
- Experience in developing, analysing and reporting on complex project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Work on high-profile projects with ongoing career opportunities
- Flexible working options including working from home
- Continued investment & industry leading research & development into sustainable practices that contribute to the circular economy, delivering on long term urban & transport infrastructure improvements
- Championing health & safety initiatives for all our employees and visitors
- Employee benefits & wellness program
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfill their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. As such, we encourage applicants of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.