Project Engineer - Utilities Major Projects
Location: Bay Of Plenty, Canterbury, Otago, Otago, Waikato, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
- New mutil million-dollar Water/Energy project in our Utilities Major Projects business
- Attractive salary, company vehicle & comprehensive corporate benefits
- Base location is flexible – we have a number of depots in the region
Our Utilities – Major Projects business has a large pipeline of new projects in the renewable energy and 3 waters space, which at completion will help communities have more efficient, sustainable and cost-effective utilities resources for a better Aotearoa.
Reporting in to the Project Manager, the Project Engineer is responsible for managing specific operations on a project and undertaking a diverse range of activities to ensure technical and contractual requirements are met, resource use is optimised and target results are achieved. This can include; but is not limited to, people management, subcontractor management, project methodology development, standing in the gap as well as developing and maintaining working relationships with key stakeholders.
- This role requires the flexibility to be mobile as working on projects outside the general location of work will be required.
- We have four vacancies for depots in Queenstown/Wanaka, Waikato/BoP, Christchurch & Wellington.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years working at a Site Engineer level or higher is desirable
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent in engineering is desirable
- A clean and valid full driver’s licence is required
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of construction
- Experienced in managing multiple projects with extensive plant and resource knowledge
- Experience in reviewing technical drawings and design
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Sound project or engineering operations experience, including budget management
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety initiatives
- Willing to learn and build your career in a fast-developing regional business
Perks & Benefits
Match your loyalty, excitement and passion for high quality service with ours and we will reward you with a competitive remuneration, extensive training and development to help you to enhance your skills, advance your career along with great employee benefits too!
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594770 to apply.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously