Carpenters ( Wellington)
Location: Canterbury, Wellington
Job Type: Full time
Looking to relocate to the Wellington region and work on some exciting civil infrastructure projects?
Within the breadth of work we cover, we deal with the construction and maintenance of many concrete structures including bridges, retaining walls, culverts, pipelines, iconic civil amenities, lookouts and decks.
About the role:
The primary role will be carrying out general carpentry, concrete, bridge and structures maintenance activities. You will be expected to be involved in planning, organising and controlling activities and operations as both a part of a crew and individually assigned tasks. All work is completed to the satisfaction of customers and all targets (productivity, quality and safety) are met.
The Carpenter will be expected to work ‘hands on’ and assist with the training and upskilling of crew members. You will have experience in a variety of building industry related projects. The role also requires a high standard of personal presentation and workmanship together with strong customer service skills.
About you - We are looking for candidates with the following skills & experience:
- Trade qualification an advantage
- Practical three years’ carpentry/concrete experience
- Able to deal with unexpected events, make decisions and provide direction to work teams
- Shows willingness/provides solutions to assist with a “continual improvement” philosophy
- Organised and systematic approach to the working environment, strong planning skills
- Be hard working, reliable and motivated
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Can work well and efficiently both unsupervised and within a team
- Hold a full, clean NZ class 1 drivers licence (and preferably drive a manual vehicle) or equivalent
- Good level of physical ability
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
Our culture is unique, we work hard, and we play hard. We want you to bring your difference to make our team even stronger. The difference is Downer, the difference could be you.
We provide genuine training opportunities and career development, the ability to transfer to different parts of New Zealand and of course long-term job security.
- Guaranteed full-time hours – minimum 40 hours per week
- Tools of trade provided including uniform and PPE gear
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
- Pay range: Between $28/ph -$30/ph (negotiable on experience)
If you have experience in these or similar roles we would love to hear from you. You can apply online and express your interest with reference number 594875.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.