Traffic Controller - Wainui
Location: Auckland, Auckland
Job Type: Full time
Are you good with directions, signs and enjoy being outdoors? This could be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Downer Traffic Management team working out of our Wainui base. You will be joining an energetic, tight knit team who takes pride in their work.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
As a Downer Traffic Controller / TM Operative, you will assist with Temporary Traffic Management under the direction of a Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS). Ultimately you will work to ensure the safety of your crew and the general public through clear and accurate direction of traffic. You will also:
- Help with sign and cone placement and pack down
- Assist with stop/go directing
- Pick-up driver duties
- Assist with general tasks to help your crew achieve project plans and targets
This is a permanent, full time position, primarily working Monday – Friday however flexibility to pick up occasional night shifts, weekend work and on-call shifts is required.
Ultimately, we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn and develop a career with Downer NZ. Along with your outgoing attitude and commitment to safe workplace practices, you will also have:
- A current Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller or a TM Operative warrant (preferable)
- A Class 1 Full New Zealand licence
- A passion for physical activity and be fit, energetic and self-motivated
- Strong planning and problem solving skills with the ability to deal with unexpected events
- The ability to commit to work Monday – Friday with the flexibility to work weekends and on call
- Good verbal skills to communicate on the radio and the confidence to communicate with the general public
So what do we offer?
Show us you are willing and able to fit in with our enthusiastic and competent team – In return we will provide you with the needed skills, training and certifications!
- Stable employment with an industry leader and a rewarding hourly rate
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts across insurance, retail and travel!
- A real focus on a safe working environment including your uniform and safety gear provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career – this is just the start!
How to apply:
Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter 578588 into the keyword search and apply. Alternately, drop your CV into our Wainui depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.