Location: Brisbane, Emerald
Job Type: Full time
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, bridge and roads, as well as track and station work, signalling and rail safety technology.
As a result of our success and growth we are now seeking experienced and enthusiastic Boilermaker Welder to join our VEC Queensland Team.
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Hold previous experience working on Bridge structural works
- Experience in Pile splicing and headstock welding
- Flexibly to work in different locations
- Maintain and safety checks on mobile plant, equipment and company vehicles
- Operate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Ensure that all technical, safety procedures and contract specific requirements are followed
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Queensland Rail Qualifications – RIW, WET, SARC desirable
- Drivers Licence (HR/HC/MC preferable but not required)
- High Risk Work License (desirable)
- Proven experience Rail Maintenance &/Construction environment
- Able to work effectively both autonomously and within a team of different trades with well-developed communication skills and a commitment to safety.
- Must be based in Queensland
WHAT WE OFFER
- Various locations in QLD
- Various rosters
- Diverse, energetic and supportive workplace culture, where you are treated as a highly valued team member where your thoughts, innovation and ideas really do count
- Develop and diversify your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Continual training and development opportunity within a large and growing organisation
- Employee benefits
- Full Time contracts
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage women and men of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application, please use the link and apply online , applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
If you require further information on this opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email Rebecca.Truarn@downergroup.com