ITS Contract Administrator - Dunedin
Job Type: Full time
At Downer, our purpose is to create and sustain the modern environment. From our roads, to our rail, ports, and airports, our Transport Services business unit is responsible for keeping New Zealand moving.
We are big picture people, operating a under a model that pushes beyond the here and now. We design, build, and sustain the projects we work on, whilst also developing innovative solutions to the world’s leading issues around sustainability, where we are recognised as global leaders.
We remain at the forefront of our industry by employing the best people and having the courage to challenge the status quo. Our people are experts in their fields, influencing and shaping our future. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us as we continue to engineer and construct a better tomorrow for generations to come.
About the role
As our Contract Administrator you will play a vital role supporting the team with local and national contracts and projects in the maintenance and electrical build space.
The role offers responsibility and autonomy so you must be highly organised with plenty of initiative. This will be a busy and varied role and you will be tasked with ensuring both contract and financial administration functions are carried out to a consistently high level and provide quality contract support services to team members.
Other duties include
- Processing of Purchase Orders, Invoices and Payments
- Assisting in administrating the delivery of contract services to our Client
- Updating of jobs and processing of claims
- Provide administration and contract support services
- Implement organisation and improvement of data filing and data capture systems
- Assisting in the production of financial /KPI/monthly reports
- Job management and data entry into RAMM and RAMM Contractor
- Other general office administration as required
You’ll also ensure that administration functions are carried out to a high standard, and continuously improvement in our systems and processes.
Your pleasant and friendly demeanour, highly organised approach and excellent data entry skills will ensure you are successful in this role. Your positive, can-do attitude and ability to learn new tasks will see you thrive.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills & experience:
- People focused with great communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with administration support
- Exceptional problem solving skills and common sense.
- Proficient and experienced in using Microsoft, especially Excel
- JD Edwards and RAMM experience would be an advantage
- Excellent data entry skills with high levels of attention to detail
- High level of professional personal presentation
- The ability to show initiative and be innovative in your work approach is essential as is common sense and a sense of humour
Working for a progressive and reliable organisation, you will be offered a competitive remuneration package as you are surrounded by a team of leading experts, you will also enjoy flexible working as we take work-life balance so seriously we include it in your contract.
We pride ourselves on our socially responsible, inclusive, and diverse culture, that includes a Zero Harm tolerance. You will receive ongoing mentoring, training, and development opportunities to ensure your knowledge and skills continue to be industry leading and your career opportunities limitless with an organisation the size of ours.
And because we are all about relationships creating success, we offer our people a comprehensive employee benefits package through our partners. You will receive extensive discounts and perks across a huge number of sought-after multinational brands, think: banking, gyms, insurance, retailers, technology, vehicles, automotive, healthcare, childcare, homeware, dental care, travel, accommodation, and plenty more!
You will love being a part of the Downer family, come and see for yourself why we are the crème de la crème of employers as we continue to build our future! Literally.
How to bring your Difference to Downer
If your interested in the work that we are doing to make New Zealand better and want to take your career to the future with us then, we want to hear from you.
Visit www.downercareers.co.nz entering 594258 into the keyword search.
If you would like to learn more about us, the work that we are doing, and the difference we are making to the communities we work in then head to our website to find out more https://www.downergroup.com/case-studies
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.