Job Type: Full time
BUMA Australia was established in 2021 to acquire the Open Cut Mining business of Downer. This acquisition included the transition of all people, mining services contracts, assets, systems and intellectual property from a business which has successfully provided mining and civil services in diverse locations and across many commodities for over 100 years. BUMA Australia is part of the Delta Dunia Group listed on the Jakarta Stock Exchange.
With a strong commitment to safety, innovation and technology, BUMA Australia pursues a relationship-based long-term approach to ensure the mutual success of all projects. Ensuring we provide value to our clients through all stages of mining is a mainstay of our business and we have the expertise and equipment to deliver total mining services to any surface operation.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision – to be a leading mining service provider contributing to future energy solutions and is supported by our core values of safety, integrity, innovation, collaboration and people.
About the Role:
We have a new opportunity for a Safety Administrator to join our growing HSET corporate team in South Bank, providing admin support to the BUMA projects and HSET corporate and site teams. You assist with administration for the following key elements of the system:
- BUMA HSET Intranet Sharepoint, Internet pages and performance dashboards (currently Power BI)
- Incident and hazard database (currently INX)
- Critical Risk Database (currently Lucidity)
- Compliance database
This accountability will involve provision of administration support including:
- Preparation of correspondence, presentations and reports
- Data Entry in SHET Systems
- Site HSET administration support
- Assisting in the development of HSET Budget and Forecasts
- Raising Purchase Requisitions and organising Purchase Orders
You will also assist in production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including lead and lag indicators (Critical Risk and Visible Field Leadership performance), analysis and trending, and initial key conclusions; and develop, train and mentor HSET professionals in the use of BUMA systems.
- Minimum education requirement: successful completion of senior secondary school
- Mine site or other resource or construction industry experience is desirable
- Advanced computer skills including high proficiency with word processing and spreadsheets and exposure to the Microsoft range of packages
- Proven office skills, e.g. keyboard skills, binding, photocopying, efficient filing
- Experience in range of systems to manage reporting and data analysis
- Database and Analytical skills
- Ability to work with remote teams and varied stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to liaise with staff at all levels
- High standard of professional presentation
- Ability to deliver accurate and timely outcomes
- Excellent organisational, time management and supervisory skills.
- Service focused, as well as an ability to work autonomously.
To be considered for this opportunity please click “Apply Now” to submit your application!
Please note suitable applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a Criminal History Check. Email applications and agencies are not accepted.