Project Engineer - Asphalt
Job Type: Full time
Downer is a leading manufacturer and supplier of bitumen-based products and an innovator in the sustainable asphalt industry and circular economy, using recycled products and environmentally sustainable methods to produce asphalt.
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our high performing team based in Teralba NSW. This role will be responsible for the operational management of various Aphalt projects ensuring Zero Harm, cost and quality delivery meet contract specifications.
What you’ll bring
Ideally, you will possess either a Tertiary Qualification in Civil Engineering or field experience on site across spray seal, asphalt or surfacing operations with;
- Exposure to the preparation of project budgets and review of financial information to make sound business decisions
- Experience in planning and scheduling of works
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute projects
- Ability to champion the preparation of tenders and negotiate contracts
- Possess strong negotiation & problem-solving skills
- A reputation based on trust by delivering on promises with excellence while focusing on safety, value for money and efficiency
- Proficient computer skills with high competence in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary + tool of trade vehicle
- Training and Development to support your career with us
- Championing Health & Safety initiatives for all our employees and visitors
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
At Downer, our approach to diversity is what sets us apart. Our people can be their best by bringing their most authentic selves to work every day. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on "Apply" and submit your application. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact:
Alicia Jacobson – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
P: 0477 366 892
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.