Health & Safety Lead
Location: Brisbane, Dandenong South, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Metering Services, a division of Downer Utilities, is one of Australia’s largest providers of meter installations, energy and water efficiency services. We read, install and maintain these services for the government, utilities and corporations throughout the country. Supported by a hard-working team we continue to manage more than 41 million meter reads and 330,000-meter installations and replacements each year. If you looking to make a positive career move, Metering Services is a great choice for you.
An opportunity has become available for a Health & Safety Lead that will operate across within the Metering Services division of our Utilities business.
As a strong and passionate leader, you will be empowered to drive cultural change consistent with the Downer overarching framework on behaviours towards Zero Harm. Using a collaborative and cohesive approach, you will deliver top down initiatives into operational businesses to influence the performance of the Zero Harm team resulting in improved safety and wellbeing of people.
A few key responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinate the delivery of documentation and site audits for active projects to ensure compliance with Downer and industry HSQE standards and procedures.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) to increase awareness of Zero Harm risks and issues.
- Lead HSQE reporting on performance and progress, including development of solutions to issues that compromise attainment of agreed performance targets.
- Manage the Project Zero Harm risk register
- Develop & implement tools to empower and encourage Supervisors to own and manager Zero Harm within their respective teams.
- A Zero Harm Manager or Senior Zero Harm Advisor with a strong track record of influencing team performance.
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety and/or relevant discipline.
- The ability to demonstrate successful change management experience gained within the Utilities industry (advantageous but not essential).
- A desire to develop and coach a team whilst promoting a positive, inclusive culture.
- The ability to evaluate, interpret and implement ZH policies, procedures and systems within a large complex matrix organisation.
- Significant experience in relation to critical risk management, incident investigation & root cause analysis.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Access to wider Downer opportunities and career advancement.
- Company vehicle provided!
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- A suite of health & wellbeing benefits.
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the world of utilities.
As an employer who acknowledges and embraces the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures, we encourage applications from women and men of all ages and backgrounds to join our inclusive workforce.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for this great opportunity by visiting careers.downeredi.com or clicking 'apply' below.
For further information contact:
Bonnie Lowson | Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.