Parks & Reserves Technician
Job Type: Full time
We have a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks and Reserves Maintenance services to our clients and the members of the public.
About the role:
We have a current opening for a Parks and Reserves Technician to be responsible for the daily maintenance of designation parks and reserves across the region.
The role encompasses a wide range of facility maintenance tasks that will require you to identify and recommend improvements that will increase client service levels, maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within the team, and outstanding customer service relationships with our clients, stakeholders and the public.
Some of the tasks will include: Spraying - hand and machine operated, Roadside & Reserve vertical edging, Line trimming, Bush fringe clearance, Vegetation removal, Aquatic weed eradication, Litter Control and Mowing.
Ideally you will have the following attributes:
- Full Class 1 Driver's Licence
- Experience in use and operations of ride-on mowing advantageous
- Experience in use and operations of small plant and machinery
- Experience in weed spraying operations and compliance (Growsafe Certified)
- Knowledge of Open Space Management and Environment industry advantageous
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive and results-orientated
- Keen, willing to learn and motivated to do a great job
In return we offer:
- This is an opportunity to become embedded amongst a team of experts within an industry-leading organisation
- Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful
- This would be ideally suited to a motivated team player looking for a great team to further their career
- Full training and support provided
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594857 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.