Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions, the talents of our people, and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Transport Services division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering a high standard of work in the Wellington Region. We have an excellent opportunity for an operator to join the Milling team in our Makaro Road depot in Porirua. We run a 7-day-a-week, 24-hour operation, so you can expect some night and weekend work; we need the successful applicant to be flexible with availability.
About the role:
In this role, you will be working as a Milling Operator on many projects in the Wellington region. Within this role, you will:
- Assist in the delivery of asphalt paving and construction operations,
- Support the delivery of contract requirements and optimise resource use,
- Collaborate with internal and external teams,
- Take charge of a key component of our operational work, and produce positive results by making informed decisions based on your experience and utilising your organisation skills.
You will have a proven track record operating milling machines across a variety of materials and locations, as well as:
- Preferably two years milling experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of milling machine operation
- Knowledge of paving plant operation
- Able to undertake site measurement and operate with minimal supervision
- Provide solutions to unexpected events and promote a “continual improvement” philosophy
- Strong problem-solving skills and initiative
- Ability to drive projects and complete them within specified time frames
Why work for us:
A role with Downer can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We can also offer:
- Stable working environment and enjoy the work-life balance we have to offer
- Full-Time hours guaranteed – minimum of 40 hours per week
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career
- Join our supportive crew and operate our well-maintained plant and equipment
Don’t miss this opportunity! Applications can be made online by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz – reference 594867.
Downer NZ is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manages all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised unless previously arranged. We strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles to apply directly online through the portal provided. Otherwise, your application will not be considered.