Resource Management and Performance Manager
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Resource and Performance manager to join our team in Wiri, Auckland.
This management role ensures strong and consistent operational performance that meets our customer requirements and optimizes the overall internal resource pool ensuring Downer are delivering safely, productively whilst meeting service levels, financial thresholds, and stakeholders’ expectations.
About the role:
- Nurture and develop a Zero Harm culture.
- Proactively facilitate a team culture of excellence and people engagement and apply a collaborative approach to working within and across other Downer teams.
- Optimise overall workforce productivity, fit-for-purpose technical capability and competency of staff.
- Leading the activities of staff to exceed productivity and performance targets.
- Providing customers with excellent quality service.
- Accountability to achieve all KPI, SLA and OLA targets in line with our business objectives.
- Identify, Define, and Implement continuous improvement activities to enhance procedures, process policy and standards.
- Develop and manage the financial cost to deliver services within budget.
- Contribute to workshops and other forums with a diverse audience ranging from operational users to senior management to ensure alignment with solution design and business needs.
- Support and champion change management activities, utilising the frameworks and approached developed as part of the programme, top ensure an effective implementation and deployment process.
- The role will have 12 - 15 direct reports
- Experience in leading a professional and technical Work Management team in a service-based industry
- Proven experience in delivering complex customer focused operational services, preferably from the telecommunications or technology sectors
- Experience in working at a senior leadership team level internally and with customers
- Management Certificate or higher preferred, able to consistently demonstrate core management competencies
- Industry experience and expert in associated field
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with leading IT / System enhancements preferred
A role with the Downer Telco team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, and a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience.
Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large company. Our employee benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work. We have partnered with retail, health care, insurance and travel businesses to offer attractive discounts to assist you in everyday life.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594757 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.