Transmission Lines Estimator
Location: Manawatu-Wanganui, Waikato
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand has a proud history that can be traced back to 1870, and today we are NZ’s leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment is building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions. The key to our success is our people who, on a day-to-day basis, they stand and deliver the company's core values of Excellence, Courage, Collaboration & Integrity across a diverse landscape of markets. We are proud of what we do, and that we support the well-being of the communities we work, live and play in.
About the role:
Downer Energy is a leading provider of end to end services, providing construction & maintenance solutions for Energy distribution network owners. We are experiencing business success with strong project pipelines. Committed to meeting the highest regulatory standards, we are aligned with some of NZ’s largest networks, covering up to 30,000kms.
Working on one of our Transmission contracts, the Estimator will be part of a team responsible for the delivery of major network projects.
The role includes but is not limited to;
- Studying the scope documentation, contract documentation and design drawings to collect project requirements
- Facilitating Bid Go/No Go decision meetings, providing management with necessary details from collected information for decision making
- Coordinate site visits with the project team
- Create work breakdown structures, develop methodologies and feasible optimised solutions for all projects
- Engage with subcontractors, provide them with project specifications and obtain quotes
- Do take-offs, develop bill of materials and obtain quotes from suppliers
- Coordinate with field supervisors and project managers and to obtain resource requirements
- Develop achievable project schedules
- Compile the pricing and required pricing attributes
- Coordinate approval to submit meetings and present the methodology, pricing attributes, timeline, project risks and resource requirements to upper management to obtain approval
- Finalise bidding documentation with the bid manager
- Respond to client clarifications in a timely manner
- Handover awarded projects to the respective project manager for delivery
- Knowledge of electricity distribution networks is essential
- Strong electrical and design knowledge
- Knowledge of legislation and ability to work within industry standards
- Proficient in planning, organising and working to timelines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulatory requirements
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to multi-task (pricing several projects at once)
- Detail oriented
- You will be able to naturally liaise with clients, field crews, operational teams, and internal stakeholders at all levels. We’re a collaborative team and your participation, flexibility and passionate manner will fit right in
A role with the Downer Energy team can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training to meet the stringent criteria of our industry, a competitive remuneration package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
Downer offers more than just the basics you'd expect from a large company. Our employee benefits are designed to develop the whole person, at home and at work. We have partnered with retail, health care, insurance and travel businesses to offer attractive discounts to assist you in everyday life.
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594919 to apply.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
- Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.