Site Traffic Management Supervisor (Cat A) – Wainui (594683)
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart, especially in the Traffic Management industry.
Due to rapid growth, the Downer Wainui team are looking for motivated individuals to join our Transport Services crew as Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) Cat A (formally Level 1). The team is responsible for supporting various roading projects within the Northern Region, so you will gain plenty of exposure and varied experience. We also offer:
- Full time work - a minimum of 40 hours per week plus penal rates for overtime, night and on call shifts
- Tools of trade, Uniform and PPE gear supplied
- Excellent opportunities for further training and career progression with a pathway to becoming a STMS Cat B/C
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including insurance, gym memberships, retail discounts + more!
What does a Downer STMS do?
You will play a huge part in the success of our assignments and representing the Downer brand. You will work to Traffic Management plans, manage crews and supervise TM workers on site. You’ll play a key role ensuring your team and the general public are safe at all times. Day to day tasks will include:
- Managing work site traffic safety ensuring correct sign set out and supporting with traffic control
- Incident management where you will attend and manage emergency callouts
- Maintaining signs, vehicles, assets and equipment
- Supporting crew with coaching and on-the-job development and training
If you enjoy spending your days on your feet and outdoors, this would be your perfect next move! You will have a can-do attitude, strong leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate your team. We’d also value:
- STMS Cat A (formally Level 1) Certificate
- Class 1 Full New Zealand Driver’s licence (Class 2 beneficial)
- Reliability, problem solving abilities and people skills
- A commitment and confidence to maintain safe work practices
- A willingness to travel throughout the Northland region and pick up overtime
How to apply:
Head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594683 to apply. Or alternately, drop in your CV to your local Downer depot!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.