Digital Solutions Specialist
Location: Auckland, Canterbury, Otago
Job Type: Full time
- Opportunity to influence and create change in a large organisation through the use of the Power Platform.
- Work with an engaged business – there is a desire to improve & enhance through digital solutions.
- Enjoy getting praise for your work? Come and join a high performing team.
About the Technical Standards and Capability team
The Utilities ‘New Business & Commercial’ team bid for work, win the work, and then the Technical Standards and Capability function support and optimise delivery for our operational teams and clients.
This role reports into the Head of Technical Capability and will join our team of 10 passionate business improvement experts. The team support the wider Utilities (Energy, Telecommunications & Water) business by developing creative solutions in our O365 online neighbourhood. We’re motivated to help employee’s roles become more productive, by reducing waste.
As a Digital Solutions Specialist, you will be a pioneer in the development of digital solutions for the various contracts and projects seeking opportunities to streamline processes and solve business problems with clever solutions. Think performance surveys, online training, apps, sites and dashboards. We must emphasise that this role has a digital design focus.
To guarantee success, you will create positive experiences by:
- Advocating that all solutions meet the user’s needs (usable, findable, and accessible).
- Recommending innovative solutions to help people work smarter and to enhance Downers customer experience.
- Automating and optimising business processes using Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and SharePoint Online).
- Managing and developing digital solutions in SharePoint Online and the Power Platform environment.
- Empowering users through training and ongoing support.
You are a passionate, creative solution designer who thrives when solving efficiencies and reducing waste.
- You’ll have delivered digital solutions that you’ll be proud to share with us
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Office 365 tools, predominantly SharePoint and Power Platform.
- Ability to work with multiple operational and cross functional teams and provide training.
- Open-minded with the ability to convey information both written and verbal.
- Must be a self-starter, who stays abreast of the latest technology, and has a passion for working in a highly performing team.
- Lateral, strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
Perks & Benefits
Match your loyalty, excitement and passion for high quality service with ours and we will reward you with a competitive remuneration, extensive training and development to help you to enhance your skills, advance your career along with great employee benefits too!
- Leadership Pathway Development Programs
- Dedicated Learning and Development team
- We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements
- A heavily subsidised membership to our Community Trust Partner that enables you and your family access to healthcare benefits, discounted access to over 150 holiday homes in great locations across New Zealand.
- Special rates and discounts through our partners across Healthcare, Gyms, Banking and Insurance
- Working for an organisation that not only works on building better stronger communities but within those communities; where we offer training and meaningful work, through our Corporate Social Outcomes team
This is a great time to join the Downer team!
- If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘apply’. This reference number for this role is 596308.
- Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment drug test and medical.
- Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.