Field Technical Specialist
Location: North Ryde, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Downer is a leading provider of end-to-end Technology & Communications service solutions. Our wireless line of business offers capability across Project Management, RAN design, SAED, construction and integration services for our customers across both Carrier and Critical Communications networks.
Due to increasing volumes on our National Fixed Wireless program, Downer has an opportunity for an experienced Technical SME to join our team in Sydney (or other suitable location). Your primary responsibility will be to provide technical expertise with RAN infrastructure to support the project team and field resources during fixed wireless build phase to ensure sites are integrated right first time.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work with Build Supervisor to ensure the site is managed in accordance with the Downer Delivery Management Methodology delivering services right first time aligned to Client specifications
- Provide SME support to field teams to resolve technical issues and assist commissioning/integration/performance issues
- Undertake site inspections, design scoping visits, HSE inspections and Quality Audits.
- Liaise regularly with Field Supervisors and Construction Partners concerning build related matters and effective resolution of technical issues
- Undertake constructability reviews of designs during SAED Phase to identify and have rectified any issues that will impact site build
- Develop MOPs, guidelines, checklists and training material
- Review of build defects post integration and provide resolution plan
- Several years of proven work experience as a Technical SME, Technical Supervisor or Project Engineer on large scale Telecommunications Deployment & Construction projects
- Subcontractor Management experience
- Quality Assurance experience within the Telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated understanding of design, construction and integration of Fixed Wireless networks
- Advanced knowledge of wireless network hardware and systems - radio base stations, antenna and feeder systems, microwave transmission, routers. Ericsson hardware knowledge mandatory
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose hardware/systems to identify issues (either onsite or remotely)
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, able to cope with change and ad-hoc requests.
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team and engage with client
WHAT WE OFFER
- Inclusive work culture that embraces diversity
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment with multiple customers with long term contracts
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact Puck Jonker – Recruitment & Sourcing on Puck.Jonker@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.