Green Space Vegetation Control Operator
Job Type: Full time
The Downer Greenspaces team have a reputation built through having great people, access to first class plant and equipment along with leading edge technology that allow us to deliver to the highest standards across New Zealand. Our teams are professional, focused on delivery of best practice on Parks Maintenance/Horticulture services to our clients and the members of the public.
About bit about the role:
We are currently looking for a Vegetation Control Operator to join our South Waikato team where you will:
- Undertake herbicide application to turf edges in Parks, Reserves, and Walkways to meet contract specification
- Assist in planning of work priorities and daily reporting
- Weed spraying, vegetation control and dealing with the public as well as operating relevant plant and equipment
- Makes sure all plant and/or equipment under your control is presented, maintained, and operated in a professional, safe and efficient manner
A bit about you:
We are looking for a team member who has:
- Growsafe Qualification preferred
- Prior parks maintenance and chemical spraying experience an advantage
- Familiar with electronic data entry an advantage
- Minimum Full Class 1 Drivers Licence
- Keen to work as part of a great team
- Great communication skills
- Experience of dealing with the public
What we offer:
- We offer a rewarding hourly rate with opportunities to train and expand your skills
- You’ll be part of an experienced crew with managers to coach and guide you
- Job security with long term secured contracts in the region
- We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job.
A bit about us:
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with:
- high calibre services and solutions
- the talents of our people
- consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart
The key to our success is our people who, on a day-to-day basis, they stand and deliver the company's core values of Excellence, Courage, Collaboration & Integrity across a diverse landscape of markets. We are proud of what we do, and that we support the well-being of the communities we work, live and play in.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594915 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.