Drainage Senior Foreman
Job Type: Full time
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We have a new position available in our team in Palmerston North as a Drainage Foreman. If you are looking for a role that is based outdoors then we want to hear from you!
About the role:
In this role, you will have a keen eye for detail to meet our customer’s needs. You will be a mentor to your team mates as you undertake maintenance related activities to achieve our contract standards. Your duties will include operating our machinery from tractors, trucks and small plant machinery. You will be undertaking maintenance related activities to achieve contract standards; this will include minor concrete work, fixing potholes, clearing small slips and a range of other small civil work. It goes without saying that we are looking for someone who will willingly adopt the Zero Harm requirements of this role.
Along with your positive attitude there are a few other essentials, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you.
- Class 1 Full New Zealand Drivers licence and with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- A proven track record of operating machinery in civil construction
- Physically fit (As you will be spending your time outdoors and on your feet)
- Great communication and technical skills
- Flexibility to work varying
Benefits of joining team Downer:
In return for your expertise, we commit to offering professional development through mentoring and on the job training and personal development through a range of Health and Wellbeing initiatives. Our top priority is our people - Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful, some of our perks include:
- Stable employment with an industry leader
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Tools of trade provided including Downer uniform and all PPE gear provided
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts including subsidised health insurance, retail specials, vehicle rentals, banking offers, free counselling services + more!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 594853 apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.