Heavy Duty/Diesel Mechanic
Job Type: Full time
WHO WE ARE
Downer manages and maintains road networks across Australia and New Zealand and manufactures and supplies products and services to create safe, efficient and reliable journeys. We are an industry leader in safety and sustainability.
Our Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 36,000 kilometres of road in Australia.
We’re growing our business in Tasmania and we’re looking for a Heavy Duty/Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Austins Ferry.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Current HR License
- Trade Qualified - Heavy Diesel Mechanic, Mobile Plant Equipment Mechanic OR Light Vehicle Mechanic looking to upskill
- Knowledge and experience with mobile plant, equipment and trucks
- Demonstrated abilities with electrical fault finding and hydraulic systems would be an advantage
- A strong 'team player' with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- Visible commitment to Zero Harm
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
For more information please contact Tisha Wiggins number 0487 106 597. Contact details are provided only to request further information.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.