ITS Assistant Project Manager - Wellington
Job Type: Full time
This is a key position requiring the delivery on all contractual obligations and responsibility for revenue generation and ensuring the projects performance meets all customer requirements, delivering on safety, optimizing resource use and the achievement of target results.
About the role:
Within the Wellington ITS Team, the ITS Assistant Project Manager/ Graduate Electrical Engineer will provide support to the National ITS Technical Manager in projects related to Intelligent Transport Solution, management of specific projects, delivering on project requirements, optimizing resource use in order to achieve the following outcomes:
- Reporting to the National ITS Technical Manager, a wide variety of electrical design & quality assurance work in accordance with contract requirements – both planned and reactive.
- Assist with design & specification for Tunnel and fire/life safety systems
- Planning and design work for motorway monitoring systems using radar, automatic video incident detection systems using both visible light and thermal detection technologies
- Actively promotes, leads and supports a zero-harm culture
- Projects are delivered to client’s satisfaction, on time and within budget
- Contributes as part of a strong and motivated team
- Ensure stakeholder relationships are maintained & enhanced
- Lessons learned and strategies developed to take forward to future projects
- To carry out associated tasks as required on Traffic Signals and Intelligent Transport Systems from time to time as determined by our Contract Manager and clients
- There is an expectation to grow the ITS design business with National ITS Technical Manager, National ITS Operations Manager & National ITS Manager assistance
- Other general duties as directed
This role requires the flexibility to be mobile as working on projects outside the general location of work will be required, shift work, night work, weekend work with a commitment and dedication beyond the usual working week.
- Must hold a tertiary qualification or equivalent in Project Management, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in project management is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to influence
- Proven project management experience
- Clear demonstration of leadership behaviours that empower others
- Proven project management experience and a suitable level of experience in the electrical maintenance industry preferably with a large company
- At least 2 years' experience of engineering related project management work, ITS industry background would be an advantage
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to analyse problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and cost
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of maintenance and/or construction within the infrastructure sector
- Have outstanding attention to detail
- A strong track record that clearly demonstrates leadership behaviours that empower others
- Willing to travel and work away from home from time-to-time
In return we offer:
- An outstanding opportunity in a diverse and challenging role along with a competitive remuneration package
- You will also have access to employment benefits, which are designed to help you complement your lifestyle outside of work and support your professional needs. These include first class premises, facilities and support, state of the art technology, corporate discounts, an extensive health, and well-being program and much more!
To apply for this opportunity go to: www.downercareers.co.nz and search ref no: 595051
How to Apply
If you are ready to take on a new challenge and if this role appeals to you, then don’t delay! We’d love to hear from you. Visit our careers website www.downercareers.co.nz and search for # 595051 to apply.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.